Silly Question...

All things technical for Cutwater Boats. Post your questions and/or solutions for the Cutwater community here.

Silly Question...

Postby BaylorU on Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi Everyone,
Brand new Cutwater owner here. Just bought it from MD, and it just arrived at its temporary home here in CO (eventually headed to CA). She’s shrinkwrapped right now, but I have a door and I can get inside.
Here’s the dumb question...does the passenger seat fold down (I know it folds forward to reveal extra counter space, but I swear that hinge looks like it should also fold down!)???
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make the hinge release to fold the seat back flat...
Anyone????
Thanks, and couldn’t be happier to be a part of the CW Community!!!
Ken
Fair Seas,
Ken
M/V Grace
2012 Cutwater 26
BaylorU

City: Arvada
State/Province: CO
Ranger/Cutwater Model: C-26
Vessel Name: Grace

Re: Silly Question...

Postby kevin_summit on Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:46 pm

BaylorU wrote:Hi Everyone,
Brand new Cutwater owner here. Just bought it from MD, and it just arrived at its temporary home here in CO (eventually headed to CA). She’s shrinkwrapped right now, but I have a door and I can get inside.
Here’s the dumb question...does the passenger seat fold down (I know it folds forward to reveal extra counter space, but I swear that hinge looks like it should also fold down!)???
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make the hinge release to fold the seat back flat...
Anyone????
Thanks, and couldn’t be happier to be a part of the CW Community!!!
Ken

Ken,

We locked out the hinge from laying flat so that it would not hit the cupholder there on the port side in front of the seat. There should be a bolt and nut holding this which would be on the port side of the seat hinge but again be aware that this could cause damage if the seat falls down and hits the cupholder. Hope this helps and feel free to reach out if you have any questions, my email is below in my signature. Welcome to the family!!

Thank you,
Kevin Lamont
Kevin Lamont
Ranger Tugs & Cutwater Boats
kevinlamont@rangertugs.com
kevin_summit

City: kent
State/Province: WA

Postby Joan and Jim on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:19 am

Hi Ken. Welcome to the world of Cutwater/Ranger Tugs. I have significant functional limitations - mechanically, electrically and electronically amongst other things. For me these boats are complicated. There is much that I find baffling. I have asked many questions and have received loads of helpful answers from the factory, the dealership (Port Boathouse), Garmin, Volvo-Penta and, of course, other owners. Having acquired a bit more knowledge as a result of this help, I now realize that some of my questions were pretty rudimentary and some of them might now be characterized as silly. I find comfort from the advice I got some time ago when I asked a boater a question which I described to him as "silly". He said that silliness lies, not in the question, but in the question not being asked. So I intend to continue asking my questions secure in the knowledge that there is a huge, capable and sympathetic support pool within this group.
Regards, Jim
Joan and Jim

City: Nanaimo
State/Province: BC
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-31 S
Non-Ranger Model: Dinghy "Tiny Bubbles"
Vessel Name: Bubbles
MMSI Number: 316034616

Postby BaylorU on Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:16 pm

Thanks, Jim! What’s funny is I’m about as capable a do-it-yourselfer there is! There’s not much I can’t figure out, fix, upgrade, remodel, build, or diagnose! But this stupid seat...it had me stumped! :lol:
Thank you both for your replies! I’ll probably remove the restriction so I can fold it flat and take my chances with the cup holder :)

Ken
Fair Seas,
Ken
M/V Grace
2012 Cutwater 26
BaylorU

City: Arvada
State/Province: CO
Ranger/Cutwater Model: C-26
Vessel Name: Grace

Return to General Technical Discussion