New Cutwater 28 owner

All things technical for Cutwater Boats. Post your questions and/or solutions for the Cutwater community here.

New Cutwater 28 owner

Postby fourrays on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:03 am

I just bought a used 2014 in Florida and brought it back to Oregon. I have been looking at these boats for the last 6 years. The hull is still factory finish and looks great. I plan to keep it on the trailer and not a lot of extended salt water. Can someone tell me what to use on the bottom to keep it looking new. I also can't find the shut off for the fridge on battery and had to pull the fuse, any help? Thanks
fourrays

City: Coquille
State/Province: OR
Ranger/Cutwater Model: C-28
Vessel Name: no new name yet

Re: New Cutwater 28 owner

Postby Martin610 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:53 am

Hello and welcome! I bought a 2013 Cutwater 28 just last year. Love the boat.

There is no individual shut off the fridge that I can find. You can either turn off the house power, or pull the fuse. The fuse is in the panel located behind the mirror in the head. It's labeled.

If you shut off house power, it may also shut off your bilge pumps, so you might check for that.

If you're keeping it on a trailer I wouldn't put anything on the bottom.

All the best,

-martin
Cutwater 28 - Venture
Martin610

City: Jackson
State/Province: NJ
Ranger/Cutwater Model: C-28
Vessel Name: Venture

Postby jagizzi on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:10 am

I'm not sure if the fridge is the same but our shut off is the knob inside the fridge. You can roll it all the way off in it's lowest setting. This doesn't turn the door light off though.

Your bilge pumps will be wired directly to the batteries rather than through the house switch unless someone changed them so no worries there.
Jim and Kelli Gizzi
Next Ten
2018 R23
NWesterly.com
Friday Harbor
jagizzi

City: Battle Ground
State/Province: WA
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-23
Non-Ranger Model: R-23, July 3rd delivery, yippee
Vessel Name: Next Ten

Postby BB marine on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:23 am

There isn't an off position switch on C26 or C28 refrigerators. As stated removal of the fuse is needed. The same for the N2K. If the house switch is on the N2K is powered which keeps the Auto pilot reactor powered. The removal of the fuse for N2K power (yellow lead) is necessary to shut it down ( house battery switch on) . I plan on adding a switch in the next to the fuse panel for both.
Brian Brown
Cutwater 26
PORT-A-GEE
portageelooper.blogspot.com
bkb_marine@msn.com
BB marine

City: Lemont
State/Province: IL
Non-Ranger Model: 26 Cutwater
Vessel Name: PORT-A-GEE

Postby Kevinandcarol on Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:23 pm

I used a marine ceramic coating on my r23 blue hull, I used pearl nano but there are several on the market. It makes it easy to clean and not much will stick to it. It's like rainex for your Windows. It will help with fading as well. My boat was delivered 12 of 2016 and it look like it came off the showroom. It costs about $400.00 in materials to do a boat my size. I applied it myself.if you have it applied it can be spendy but it's worth it. All you need to wash it is vinegar and water, it helps with water spots Congrates on your new boat. Kevin
Kevinandcarol

City: Snohomish
State/Province: WA
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-23
Non-Ranger Model: Ranger tug R23
Vessel Name: My Way

Return to General Technical Discussion