Space behind the headboard?

All things technical for Cutwater Boats. Post your questions and/or solutions for the Cutwater community here.

Space behind the headboard?

Postby Boatagain on Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:35 am

Does anyone know if there’s enough space (depth) behind the headboard in the v-berth for flush mounted speakers on a C30? The boat came with lil’ surface mounted rectangular cubes that get in the way when we’re sitting up reading or watching tv. Plus, they sound like #@&#. Thanks!
Michael, Judy, Porsche, Paige and Harry the Tug Dawg
Boatagain

City: Gaithersburg
State/Province: MD
Non-Ranger Model: Cutwater 30
Vessel Name: Gatsby

Re: Space behind the headboard?

Postby kevin_summit on Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:06 am

Boatagain wrote:Does anyone know if there’s enough space (depth) behind the headboard in the v-berth for flush mounted speakers on a C30? The boat came with lil’ surface mounted rectangular cubes that get in the way when we’re sitting up reading or watching tv. Plus, they sound like #@&#. Thanks!

Hello,

There might be enough room for a set that are not too deep. I would say to install them in the wood but best to remove the head board and ensure there is enough room as you could drill into the anchor locker. If you'd like you can email me and I would then be able to send you photos when I am at the plant later this week? My email is in my signature.

Thank you,
Kevin Lamont
Kevin Lamont
Ranger Tugs & Cutwater Boats
kevinlamont@rangertugs.com
kevin_summit

City: kent
State/Province: WA

Postby RichardK on Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:35 pm

Why don't you just replace the existing speakers with better speakers?
RichardK

City: Chicago
State/Province: IL
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-29 CB
Vessel Name: MY TWO LOVES
MMSI Number: 338339964

Postby Boatagain on Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:46 pm

RichardK wrote:Why don't you just replace the existing speakers with better speakers?

That’s exactly what I’m planning to do, but I need to flush mount them so they’re not in the way.
Boatagain

Postby Boatagain on Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:47 pm

kevin_summit wrote:
Boatagain wrote:Does anyone know if there’s enough space (depth) behind the headboard in the v-berth for flush mounted speakers on a C30? The boat came with lil’ surface mounted rectangular cubes that get in the way when we’re sitting up reading or watching tv. Plus, they sound like #@&#. Thanks!

Hello,

There might be enough room for a set that are not too deep. I would say to install them in the wood but best to remove the head board and ensure there is enough room as you could drill into the anchor locker. If you'd like you can email me and I would then be able to send you photos when I am at the plant later this week? My email is in my signature.

Thank you,
Kevin Lamont

Thanks Kevin, I’ll do that.
Boatagain

Return to General Technical Discussion