Roca Windshield Wiper Replacement

Questions posted here will receive a response from Cutwater Boats representatives

Roca Windshield Wiper Replacement

Postby Cessna172 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:43 pm

Just spent half-hour fumbling with frozen fingers to remove the windshield wiper blades on my C28. No Joy.
They look like standard auto type installations - but...
Anyone know the right way to remove these?

Thanks,
Gary
Cessna172

City: Gold Bar
State/Province: WA
Ranger/Cutwater Model: C-28
Vessel Name: Nitro Fish

Re: Roca Windshield Wiper Replacement

Postby Gerr413 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:51 am

Blades are no different than your car, they can be mysterious, but they have the same base hook. Practice on the car in warm garage. Take pictures of removel if needed. Buy auto replacements and seal glass or apply glass wax to window, $5 per blade at auto stores and the blades last longer than the original ones.gerry
Gerr413

City: Fall river
State/Province: MA
Non-Ranger Model: Cutwayer 30 s
Vessel Name: Hay jude
MMSI Number: C3030k516

Postby kevin_summit on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:21 am

Cessna172 wrote:Just spent half-hour fumbling with frozen fingers to remove the windshield wiper blades on my C28. No Joy.
They look like standard auto type installations - but...
Anyone know the right way to remove these?

Thanks,
Gary

Gary,

Are you talking about the wiper blades or are you trying to remove the wiper arms? There should be a tab that you press to release the wiper blade from the arm. If you are trying to remove the arm there is a pinch bolt with an allen head that needs to be loosened up. Let me know if you are still having trouble and maybe I can meet you at your boat? I would be available on this Tuesday to do so. You got my contact info, just let me know. Hope all is well!!

Thanks,
Kevin Lamont
Ranger Tugs & Cutwater Boats
kevinlamont@rangertugs.com
kevin_summit

City: kent

Postby Cessna172 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:47 am

Thanks for the responses!

Yes, warm fingers would certainly be a plus. Kevin, I'm only trying to replace the blades. By pressing the "tab", I am guessing that would be the tab on the bottom of the blade attachment (the item that looks like you should press to remove the blade). Maybe it was too cold or my finger too numb - but that tab was not moving even the slightest.

Thanks for the offer to come out, I really appreciate it. Let me give it another go this week before we call in the Calvary!

Happy Holidays,
Gary
Cessna172

Postby kevin_summit on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:26 am

Cessna172 wrote:Thanks for the responses!

Yes, warm fingers would certainly be a plus. Kevin, I'm only trying to replace the blades. By pressing the "tab", I am guessing that would be the tab on the bottom of the blade attachment (the item that looks like you should press to remove the blade). Maybe it was too cold or my finger too numb - but that tab was not moving even the slightest.

Thanks for the offer to come out, I really appreciate it. Let me give it another go this week before we call in the Calvary!

Happy Holidays,
Gary

Gary,

Sounds good, I know sometimes I have had to push back and forth while pressing the tab to free it up a bit before it pops off the arm. You have my info so just let me know if you need the pro's to come out and get them off for you.

Thanks again,
Kevin Lamont
Ranger Tugs & Cutwater Boats
kevinlamont@rangertugs.com
kevin_summit

City: kent

Postby Tardis on Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:43 pm

Sometimes I have to grab the tab with needle nose pliers and work it back and forth.
Tardis

City: Beaufort
State/Province: SC
Non-Ranger Model: Cutwater 28
Vessel Name: Tardis
MMSI Number: 338161062

Postby Cessna172 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:56 pm

Needle nose pliers is what I ended up using; however, the tabs on both wipers simply broke off anyway...

They aren't reusable so nothing was lost. New ones snapped right into place.

Thanks,
Gary
Cessna172

Return to Ask the Cutwater Factory