C 242 part serial numbers

Questions posted here will receive a response from Cutwater Boats representatives

C 242 part serial numbers

Postby wtsawyer on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:48 am

I just picked up my 2018 C 242, and in going through the "literature bag", I note the following:
1) There was no GARMIN manual for my 7410 chartplotter. (I'm printing off the 68-page online manual now).
2) No Factory Warranty cards were included. How do I register all my mechanicals with their factory?
3) Why can't the factory simply hand-write down the Serial Number for all mechanicals (Inverter, Navigation, VHF, Battery Charger, etc) during installation to make future repairs and servicing SO MUCH easier for we consumers? Many of these will be VERY difficult for consumers to locate, and write down for future use.
Thanks.
W. Tom Sawyer
Commander, USCG Auxiliary
100-ton Master's License
wtsawyer

City: Richmond Hill
State/Province: GA
Ranger/Cutwater Model: C-242 C
Vessel Name: GUARDIAN

Re: C 242 part serial numbers

Postby kevin_summit on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:03 am

wtsawyer wrote:I just picked up my 2018 C 242, and in going through the "literature bag", I note the following:
1) There was no GARMIN manual for my 7410 chartplotter. (I'm printing off the 68-page online manual now).
2) No Factory Warranty cards were included. How do I register all my mechanicals with their factory?
3) Why can't the factory simply hand-write down the Serial Number for all mechanicals (Inverter, Navigation, VHF, Battery Charger, etc) during installation to make future repairs and servicing SO MUCH easier for we consumers? Many of these will be VERY difficult for consumers to locate, and write down for future use.
Thanks.
W. Tom Sawyer
Commander, USCG Auxiliary
100-ton Master's License

Tom,

Your selling dealer should have all the serial numbers for the engine and bigger items such as AC or Gen if it has those items and would be the ones to register the warranty. On our side of things once there is a sold date in our database the warranty on the boat begins, which would cover electronics etc. If you can send me an email with your hull ID I might be able to track down some of the serial numbers you are looking for. My email is in my signature.

Thank you,
Kevin Lamont
Ranger Tugs & Cutwater Boats
kevinlamont@rangertugs.com
kevin_summit

City: kent
State/Province: WA

Re: C 242 part serial numbers

Postby sparky on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:56 pm

They did the same thing back in 2009 when we bought a new 2009 R25. Picking up a Cutwater 24 in a couple weeks and sad to think we will have the same issue all these years later.
Sparky (Monika)
MoonBeam 2017 Cutwater 24
MoonBeam 2001 36' Endeavour Trawler Cat (selling)
Starry Night 2009 R-25 (sold)
Melbourne, Fl
sparky

City: Melbourne
State/Province: FL
Ranger/Cutwater Model: C-24
Non-Ranger Model: 36' Endeavour Trawler Catamaran
Vessel Name: MoonBeam

Return to Ask the Cutwater Factory