C-28 Mace 2.7 Oil Filter Access

Questions posted here will receive a response from Cutwater Boats representatives

C-28 Mace 2.7 Oil Filter Access

Postby bails023 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:50 pm

Has anyone had luck removing and replacing the oil filter/strainer on a Mace 2.7 aboard a Cutwater 28?

Changing the oil - easy. Accessing the filter/strainer - not so much. I removed the small panel in front of the filter/strainer but still no luck.

Suggestions?
bails023

City: Edgewater
State/Province: MD
Ranger/Cutwater Model: C-28
Non-Ranger Model: Cutwater 28
Vessel Name: First & Last
MMSI Number: 338167347

Re: C-28 Mace 2.7 Oil Filter Access

Postby kevin_summit on Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:37 pm

bails023 wrote:Has anyone had luck removing and replacing the oil filter/strainer on a Mace 2.7 aboard a Cutwater 28?

Changing the oil - easy. Accessing the filter/strainer - not so much. I removed the small panel in front of the filter/strainer but still no luck.

Suggestions?

Hello,

Unfortunately there is no "easy" or "quick" way of doing this do to the placement of the generator and where the filter is located. Looking back on your previous post about this, it takes lots of patience and skinny fingers/arms to do so:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9973&p=68825&hilit=mase+2.7+oil#p68825
How many hours are on the generator? Maybe a thing where you just change the oil and figure the filter is clean, I am the person that would spend half the day or the whole day trying to get it out just for peace of mind. This is something that you will/would need to loosen or remove things in order to gain access to the filter to service. Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Kevin Lamont
Ranger Tugs & Cutwater Boats
kevinlamont@rangertugs.com
kevin_summit

City: kent
State/Province: WA

Return to Ask the Cutwater Factory