Loss of 110v power to galley area of Cutwater 30

Questions posted here will receive a response from Cutwater Boats representatives

Loss of 110v power to galley area of Cutwater 30

Postby Dritchie on Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:21 pm

Unfortunately with no 110 a/c volt circuitry schematics I am at a loss as how to to track this situation down.
The situation is... facing the electrical power panel with both 110 power cables connected to the vessel all green lights (electrical power is available) illuminate on the entire electrical panel except for the left hand panel which has the circuit breakers for the microwave, galley outlets, salon outlet ....all show no power available....no green light.
Similarly the A/C bus meter shows zero volts when set at "1" and when switched to "2" shows 120 volts.
The electrical switch dial (1 and 2, power off, generator); also shows green, power available for both 1 and 2.
The same results occur when using the generator and not shore power....thoughts please ....also are there any circuit diagrams available? Thanks
Dritchie

City: Belleville
State/Province: ON
Ranger/Cutwater Model: C-30 S
Vessel Name: Endless Safari

Re: Loss of 110v power to galley area of Cutwater 30

Postby Dritchie on Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:52 pm

One other factor which should have no impact on this situation but I ask as this condition is weird. Are there 110v electrical cables running in the cable area behind the Fusion stereo amplifier area/raceway (port side forward between the galley and bedroom). I have just replaced the Fusion 700i unit with a Fusion 750 unit and there was a lot of "blind" cable searching/pulling to replace and reconnect the old 8 pin NEMA connector with the new 5 pin NEMA connector. Wondering if we could have accidently and unknowingly unhooked/unplugged some electrical connection.
Dritchie

Postby AZtoVA on Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:53 pm

on the panel going into the cave, is the inverter switch flipped up on shore power?
Ed
AZtoVA
2014 Cutwater 30s Scarlet Lady
Hampton VA
AZtoVA

City: Suffolk
State/Province: VA
Vessel Name: Scarlet Lady

Postby Dritchie on Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:06 pm

Thank you AZtoVA......no it was not switched to shore power, but it sure is now......there are more interlocks and safety devices on this boat to save me from myself...thank you, thank you....who would have thought? I sure understand the reasons for the switch but I have no idea who would have switched it "off". Never thought of the switch.....Problem solved....you are a genius. Still it would be nice to have 110v schematics to trace the odd electrical cable and switch, and who knows, then even someone like me could have stumbled on to the problem. Thanks.
Dritchie

Return to Ask the Cutwater Factory