C30 Command Bridge leak

What's on your mind? Anything generic goes here.

C30 Command Bridge leak

Postby 10PoundHammer on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:38 pm

Since buying my 2014 C30 I’ve been generally satisfied and the dealer has been responsive. I do have one major problem. There has been a consistent leak apparently from the point at which electrical and other command bridge conduits leave the deck on aft starboard side of the bridge and enter the cabin. Initially it was a loose collar, which had detached, and it was fixed. Unfortunately it did not solve the problem. It appears that in heavy rain and wind (typical west coast winter weather in other words; it was not a problem in the summer) water is blown into the conduit. Not a lot, but I prefer water outside the boat. It seems to flow along the inside wall (the lining is stained) and then it pools in the bench in the cave - enough to soak towels. At this point I’ll probably have to have a new canvas made to divert water to the sides and back, as we are coming up on two years without a fix.
I’m wondering if others have had this problem and how it was addressed. Thanks in advance.
10PoundHammer

City: Chestermere
State/Province: AB
Non-Ranger Model: C30
Vessel Name: Grandpa's Hammer

Re: C30 Command Bridge leak

Postby knotflying on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:37 am

Is the conduit a hard conduit? If so, have you tried applying a little caulk into the conduit and around the wires?
“What we call reality is merely an ILLUSION we create for learning and enjoyment….”
knotflying

City: Charlestown
State/Province: RI
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-27
Non-Ranger Model: http://illusionsmikeandjess.blogspot.com/
Vessel Name: (2011) Illusions

Postby dclagett on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:10 am

If the conduit is not the problem you might want to look at the fasteners that attach the bridge and its components to the cabin top. I would first look to see if any of these fasteners are loose this would be a good place to start resealing the fasteners. On a previous boat I owned with a bridge I looked for months and finally found that on of the bridge seats several fasteners were loose and this solved my problem.

Good luck, I know this is frustrating.
dclagett

City: Ocean Pines
State/Province: MD
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-25 SC
Vessel Name: DreamChaser

Postby Andrew Custis on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:01 pm

Hello,

I have sent the link to this post onto Port Boat House and will ask that we get your boat back to address the leak. Where do you keep it now?

Thank you,
Andrew Custis
Ranger Tugs & Cutwater Boats
andrewcustis@rangertugs.com
Andrew Custis
Ranger/Cutwater Factory Rep

City: Kent
State/Province: WA

Return to Chat