New to R-25SC & Ranger Tug Family

What's on your mind? Anything generic goes here.

New to R-25SC & Ranger Tug Family

Postby Anchors Aweigh on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:55 pm

Greetings -

My wife and I are looking forward to learning a lot from the veterans of the Ranger Tugs family and have found the Tugnuts forum a wealth of information....we've just become proud owners of a previously owned 2017 R-25SC purchased from Ranger Tugs in Kent, WA after being w/o a boat for a number of years, we were once Catalina 30 sailors in the San Diego & Southern Calif area.

We took delivery last week of the R-25SC, which we named Toot Sweet at the Des Moines Marina along with a two day orientation from Tim & Kenny with Ranger Tugs.....their training proved most valuable and insightful..... now home ported in Port Ludlow, WA after a maiden trip up the Puget Sound we're looking forward to the spring and summer months ahead to further explore the waterways of the Puget Sound and beyond.

If any of the other R-25SC or Ranger Tug owners have recommendations on any aspect of this model we should be familiar with as we learn more about operating the R-25SC we'd welcome your advice and comments.....looking forward to meeting fellow Ranger Tug owners in the months ahead.

Marc & Margo Doyle
Port Ludlow, WA
Anchors Aweigh

City: Port Ludlow
State/Province: WA
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-25 SC
Vessel Name: Toot Sweet
MMSI Number: 368023410

Re: New to R-25SC & Ranger Tug Family

Postby dclagett on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:25 pm

Marc,

Good choice! My wife and I have had 2014 RT25SC since August 2016 and have enjoyed the boat. We are on the east coast so we are not very close, however please don’t hesitate to send questions my way.

Good luck with the boat

Dick
dclagett

City: Ocean Pines
State/Province: MD
Vessel Name: DreamChaser

Postby YukonRon on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:59 pm

Congrats! Welcome to the Ranger Tug family!
My wife and I bought our 2013 R25sc last year and just had time to get it out one long weekend before we had to winterize.
So, we are newbies too; but willing to share anything I've learned over a long winter of prep and research. Just ask and I'll help where I can.
Looking forward to spending some weeks anchored out on the Alaska coast.
So far, we love the boat. I'm sure you will too.
Ron & Barb
Whitehorse, Yukon
Yukon Ranger
2013 R25sc
YukonRon

City: Whitehorse
State/Province: YT
Vessel Name: Yukon Ranger
MMSI Number: 316023451

Postby Les Blackwell on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:18 pm

Welcome to having a wonderful little tug. We too bought out RT25SC about a year ago and have enjoyed causing the San Juan Islands. We go from Bellingham to Friday Harbor and then seek neat coves in the islands.

We've had ten new sailboats so this is a new experience for us with a power boat. Big change in attitude for me not having sails to use. But it is good to get out on the water from time to time. Port Ludlow is a favorite spot in our memories having gone there many times when our earlier boats were at Shilshole.

Perhaps some of us new Ranger Tug SC could get together sometime next spring or summer--maybe Port Townsend or Friday Harbor. What are people's thoughts? Laconner?

Good luck with your new boat.

Les (and Lynn)
Les Blackwell

City: Bellingham
Vessel Name: adagio

Postby zekeandboone on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:57 pm

Marc and Margo..
I think I know the boat you bought....
We bought the 25SC on display at the Seattle boat show one year ago. Tim, Kenny, Andrew, and Ivan have become our friends! Great group!
Any new 25 owners headed to Poet's Cove with the factory this year?
Steve Zedekar
www.stevezedekar.com
zekeandboone

City: Battle Ground
Vessel Name: Coorie Doon

Postby Foxislandmotts on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:17 pm

We think we know that boat too! If that was the R25SC previously known as the Pelican...

If so, please know that boat was loved and adored by her first owners. Many happy memories, even if short lived. Look forward to meeting up with you tout suite on the Toot Sweet!

Janine and Nick Mott
Janine & Nick Mott
Europa R-29 S (July 2017)
foxislandmotts@yahoo.com
europaranger29.blogspot.com
Foxislandmotts

City: Tacoma
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-29 S
Vessel Name: Europa

Return to Chat