A lot happened in 7 years!

What's on your mind? Anything generic goes here.

A lot happened in 7 years!

Postby trailertrawlerkismet on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:06 am

7 years ago we brought Kismet R27 to our home waters of Traverse City, Michigan, When we did there were not many other Ranger Tugs to be seen. Fast forward to our maiden voyage of Kismet R29 in fresh water yesterday, we instantly notice things have changed in our boating neck of the woods. I spotted a Ranger Tug at the Traverse City marina, 2 docked where we launched and another in Sutton’s Bay. As we cruised north out of Grand Traverse Bay, having the entire water to ourselves I spot a boat coming south....you guessed it, another Ranger Tug. We arrived to our days destination in Elk Rapids and find a brand new R23 docked just across from us. I think that Great Lakes boaters have taken a liking to Ranger Tugs!

Jim F
Jim & Lisa FavorsR29S Kismet
info@trailertrawlerlife.com
http://www.trailertrawlerlife.com
http://favorsgreatloopblog.com
http://boatus.com/cruising/kismet/log.asp
trailertrawlerkismet

City: Traverse City
State/Province: MI
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-29 S
Vessel Name: (2018) Kismet

Re: A lot happened in 7 years!

Postby TABublitz on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:46 pm

It is was great to meet you and Lisa over the weekend. We are new comers to the Ranger Tug family, and certainly enjoying our time on the water. Thanks again for reaching out to us as we passed each other on Saturday in West Bay and we enjoyed meeting you that evening. Looking forward to many more enjoyable trips on the Great Lakes!
TABublitz

City: Grand Haven
State/Province: MI
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-27
Non-Ranger Model: 210 XSF Scout
Vessel Name: Smidgen

Postby SKI3PO on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:00 pm

I was just passing through Whitefish MT and saw and R29 and an R27 on Flathead Lake. I’ve been getting going there for 15 years and never seen anything but sailboats and water ski boats.
Tim Alderson
"Clementine"
2014 R27 Classic
Anchorage, AK
SKI3PO

City: Anchorage
State/Province: AK
Vessel Name: Clementine

Postby j&lgray on Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:52 pm

When we launched the Laurie Ann in Puget Sound in 2007, there were so few Ranger Tugs that we knew everyone. When seeing another Ranger Tug, there would be a conversation on the VHF radio. Fast forward 11 years, we are on our 3rd Ranger Tug (thus the name "Trilogy") and though owners are typically friendly, there are too many to know and no one has the VHF radio conversation. When we see a tug, we often say, "Hey, there is an ART (Another Ranger Tug)."

This summer, Trilogy will be on the Erie Canal, the Rideau Canal, Lake Champlain, the Trent Severn Waterway, Lake Erie and Lake Huron. So if you see us, give us a call on the radio. We are an ART and quite happy about it.
John & Laurie Gray
Tribute, Kadey Krogen 39
Trilogy[i], Ranger 27
Former Ranger Tugs: [i]Andiamo
(R-29) and Laurie Ann (R-25)
www.tribute-kadeykrogen39.com,www.andiamo-ranger29.com and www.laurieann-ranger25.com
j&lgray

City: Everett
State/Province: WA
Non-Ranger Model: "Tribute" Kadey Krogen 39 Pilothouse
Vessel Name: Trilogy

Return to Chat