2019 R29 S Sea Trial

What's on your mind? Anything generic goes here.

Re: 2019 R29 S Sea Trial

Postby H28 on Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:25 am

I am not a "command bridge" kind of guy, but to each his own. But you are right about the grand kids. We had a Four of July party on the dock last year and the 6 to 11 year olds hung out on top of my 29S the whole time (not while underway)

keep us posted..........
H28

City: oak brook
State/Province: IL
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-29 S
Vessel Name: Hygge

Postby baz on Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:38 pm

Jim:

My reserved covered slip is just 'dandy' as other R29 CBs I've seen are in covered slip with plenty of room to spare.

I've just altered my purchase from the R29 S to the R29 CB and will likely opt to forego the full cockpit enclosure for a year or two as that time can be used to really convince myself an enclosure is needed. I've been told by others that the stock cockpit design is so good that wind and water spray rarely get into the cockpit area, plus the stair gangway from the cockpit to the upper deck means the Bimini hardtop is slimmed down on its port side to allow for the ladder access to the upper deck, and..... this aspect might mean a full cockpit enclosure could present King Marine Canvas a real challenge and added cost to me.... so will see what Dave has to say about this aspect.

I'm excited more and more as I think about the R29 CB possibilities having the upper deck available to enhance the boating experience with family and friends. I'm very keen on having the extra floor/deck space and for the separation offered to people milling around on the main deck and that it adds quite a bit more interest to the overall boats's design. I suspect operating the boat from the upper deck also helps with docking more precisely.

Just hope the Stock market collapse alters course early next year..... :x :cry: :roll: :D
Barry & Jake-Wire Hair Fox Terrier
SOLD - 2010 R-25 LAXEY
Traded in 2016 Ranger Gray R-21EC LAXEY
Trade in R-27/OB, LAXEY, Hull Midnight Blue
2019 R29 CB IoM LAXEY, Hero Red Delivery Mar 27, 2019
Edmonds, WA
baz

City: Edmonds
State/Province: WA
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-29 CB
Vessel Name: LAXEY
MMSI Number: TBD......

Postby FlagShip on Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:42 pm

Barry,

I just saw that you switched the CB. Great decision, we love our CB. That area is cheap square footage, it's there, might as well use it and you get double the controls and navionics. Ranger could charge much more for the CB over the sedan than they do.

Much of our Command Bridge time is spent in the marina or anchored, it's a great place to enjoy sunsets and friends.
Docking from the Command Bridge is nice, I'm comfortable docking from up there and in the cabin. I recently single-handed the boat, only from my slip to the fuel dock and back, but I did it. No drama, very easy.

Brett
Brett & Jasa
2019 R29 CB, Hull #2
FlagShip
Snohomish, WA
FlagShip

City: Snohomish
Vessel Name: FlagShip

Postby Irish Mist on Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:17 am

I have found on friends boats with the flybridge that in the marinas besides the commanding view the air flow is better in the summer.
Irish Mist

City: victoria
State/Province: BC
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-29 Classic

Postby baz on Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:58 pm

Are you referring to air flow on the bridge or inside the cabin ?
Barry & Jake-Wire Hair Fox Terrier
SOLD - 2010 R-25 LAXEY
Traded in 2016 Ranger Gray R-21EC LAXEY
Trade in R-27/OB, LAXEY, Hull Midnight Blue
2019 R29 CB IoM LAXEY, Hero Red Delivery Mar 27, 2019
Edmonds, WA
baz

City: Edmonds
Vessel Name: LAXEY
MMSI Number: TBD......