Moorage in Laconner

What's on your mind? Anything generic goes here.

Re: Moorage in Laconner

Postby aculverwell on Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:02 pm

baz wrote:How much cost at LaConner for a covered slip for a R29 S (without dinghy on swim step) ?
I know there's a very large car parking lot at LaConner Marina - if car left for a week or two what is the cost ?
LaConner has a clean rest room and offers showers.
I also understand that fuel cost at the nearby fuel dock is quite reasonable, right ?
Does the Marina suffer from power outages at times ?
Does LaConner allow live-aboard ?
LaConner is fine if most of your cruising is to the North, but if you want to go to south Puget Sound I would not consider it.
Is boat security from theft etc kept in check ?
One can avoid I-5 and travel north to LaConner via Stanwood - a bit longer but a nice comfortable drive.

Baz-- To answer a few of the questions you posed about La Conner:
-Monthly cost for a 30' covered slip in La Conner is $300 (which includes a lease tax)
-There are no extra charges for leaving your car in the parking lot for extended periods
-Yes, fuel prices at the Swinomish fuel dock seem quite reasonable compared to most fuel docks
-There are a handful of live-aboards in the La Conner marina, but I don't think that they allow new live-aboards.
-The docks are locked and have security cameras. I haven't heard of a theft problem.
aculverwell

City: Carnation
State/Province: WA
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-31 CB
Vessel Name: Red Sky

Postby Cutwater28GG on Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:14 am

Cheapest fuel in the sound is oak harbor just around the corner from la Conner.

Shelter bay Security seems pretty good for a low key marina. Also they have a good community with dinners and cruises throughout the year. And good reciprocal rights with cheap membership.
Much more so than many places. Most people who live in shelter bay are boaters and retired. So plenty of time to mess about in their boats!
Gavin - 2012 Cutwater 28
Cutwater28GG

City: seattle
Ranger/Cutwater Model: C-28
Non-Ranger Model: Cutwater 28
Vessel Name: Living The Dream

Postby cathy&ron on Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:57 pm

Hi Ernie,
Wish Blaine Harbor Marina was closer for you. Good prices, and easy access to San Juans, & Gulf Islands. Run by good people, and secure. New covered stackable out of the water stoorage coming within 2 years. Nice town, and a good place to visit this summer. Super oysters and a new Starbucks.
Ron & Cathy
cathy&ron

City: blaine
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-23
Vessel Name: Lady Grey

Postby charlie&juliesboat on Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:25 pm

Have you considered Oak Harbor Marina? I have kept my 2017 R-29S in a covered slip there since I purchased it in Jan 2017..the rates are reasonable ($350) and I have kept a vehicle there for months and there is no charge. The staff are mature friendly folks that watch out for your property. The marina is secure and they have nice showers and a laundrymat available. The fuel is certainly less expensive and usually close to the Des Moines or Port Orchard prices.
I hope this helps.
Charlie
charlie&juliesboat

City: Oak Harbor
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-29 S
Vessel Name: Charlie's Jewel

Previous

Return to Chat