January Photo Contest!

What's on your mind? Anything generic goes here.

January Photo Contest!

Postby Sam Bisset on Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:28 pm

We have an idea for a fun New Year's Resolution, MORE TIME ON THE WATER! In honor of that resolution, this month's photo contest is a simple one. Send us your favorite shot of you and/or your people using your Ranger Tug or Cutwater Boat. Catching a fish, the kids sleeping on the bow, cooking crab, wading in the warm water of the Florida Keys (talking to you, Favors;)

Send your favorite shot to our new Marketing Associate, Brian and he'll post them in this thread. The winners will receive two embroidered Ranger Tug or Cutwater Boat jackets! Brian's email is briandickhaut@rangertugs.com

Here are two favorites from my personal collection. These aren't for the contest, I just wanted to share.

This one I took of Kenny Marrs from the factory customer service team. Him and I were cruising on an R-27 classic up in Canada. We made a pre-dawn departure from the marina we were staying at in Desolation Sound so we could snag our favorite stern-tying spot at our next destination. We were following Andrew Custis who was in an R-29 classic. I remember it being hard to wake up that early and it being a little tense in the dark but the feeling I got when light started to fill the sky behind the mountains was unforgettable.

Here is another one from that morning. Every year, Kenny and I share a boat and it's always packed full of cameras, tools, food, and maybe some rum. Great times!

Here's a shot I took with the drone during the 2016 Cutwater Cruise. The group was at Montague Harbor in the Canadian Gulf Islands. Montague is a fantastic destination for several reasons but it's relatively small if you're unfamiliar. Montague works with us every year to cram as many Cutwaters on the dock as possible. This was the first year we tried med-tying and it worked great! Now it's a fun tradition that we look forward to every year. This night in particular was perfect, warm with the slightest breeze and fantastic company. So fun! * Bonus points if you have cornhole boards strapped to your sport racks like one of the C-30s does in this shot ;)

Send us your shots!

Sam
Sam Bisset
Marketing Director
Ranger Tugs & Cutwater Boats
Sam Bisset

City: Everett
State/Province: WA

Re: January Photo Contest!

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:44 pm

We're really excited to see the photos rolling in already! Don't forget to submit a caption along with the photo, we love a bit of context and really enjoy the stories you guys have to share.

Here's from John M,

"A comfortable ride in our 21Ec called Wanderer!"

Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
BrianRangerTugs

City: Monroe

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:02 pm

Another great entry, this time from Curt and Tracy:

"Here’s my favorite shot. Photo taken in Toba Inlet summer 2016 Desolation Sound Cruise. It is possible to give your boat a fresh water shower at this spot. We did not have the courage!"
-Curt and Tracy, Red Raven, 2014 R27

Just as a note, the entries may not be posted the same day that they're received, but we'll be sure to get them posted steadily throughout the week!
Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
BrianRangerTugs

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:06 pm

From John K.

"Here is my favorite photo of my Ranger Tug. It is my chocolate lab, Sable, draped over the gunwale of the Red Ranger, a 21-foot EC."

Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
BrianRangerTugs

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:22 am

Happy Monday everyone, keep the entries coming! It looks like you guys are having a ton of fun!

Here's from Nick and Janine M.

"What could be better than a little wine and ukulele music on a Ranger Tug in Jerrell Cove?"
Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
BrianRangerTugs

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:40 am

From Bob D.

"My first mate Caity at the helm!

"Helmsman and lookout!
Where are all the fish at?"
Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
BrianRangerTugs

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:43 am

Another great entry, this time with a double rainbow all the way across the sky, from Steve Z:

"Here's a coupla pics. The rainbow was taken at the RT gathering in Poet's Cove 2017, and the other one is from Yale Lake in SW Washington with my wife, daughter and grandkids."

Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
BrianRangerTugs

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:14 pm

in from Brian T. "Here’s our R27 , Fancy Nancy, in Avalon the shakedown cruise from San Diego to Catalina Island."

A stand up paddle board and a sea-worthy unicorn, what a great way to start off the day! Keep them coming guys, we're taking submissions until 5:00PM 1/21/19, so don't forget to send yours in!
Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
BrianRangerTugs

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:33 am

From Lois and Dan C.

"This photo was taken at Jarrell Cove State Park in February 2018, on our first cruise of the year. Winter boating in South Sound is so rewarding. We had a spectacular sunset, with the sky reflected on the calm water. And, just like clockwork, we had a special treat. Cormorants fly in from all directions to roost overnight in the nearby trees, and for a short time the sky fills with these birds. We always wonder what draws them here, how they know to arrive just at sunset, how far they come from, why they congregate in such a large group, and what they are telling each other. Do they share tips and brag about their day of fishing?"

BrianRangerTugs

Postby RichardK on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:14 am

I emailed pictures. Did you get them.

Richard Kent
My Two Loves
RichardK

City: Chicago
State/Province: IL
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-29 CB
Vessel Name: MY TWO LOVES
MMSI Number: 338339964

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:34 am

Hi Richard, it doesn't look like I have anything from you, it's possible that the photos were too large and the server booted them, could you email them again to briandickhaut@rangertugs.com? Feel free to direct message me on here after you send them and I'll look into it further, thanks!

That being said, we do have quite a few submissions from the end of last week and weekend that I'll be posting over the next couple days and will have everything up by the end of the week, so don't be too alarmed if you don't see your photos yet.
Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
BrianRangerTugs

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:38 am

In from Richard J.

"In Princess Louisa Inlet. Taken by Curt on Red Raven"

"Outside of Kingston moving east with morning sunrise."

-Rick

Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
BrianRangerTugs

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:04 pm

From Dan W. "My wife, Connie, loves to knit and doesn’t let time exploring northern Lake Michigan on Alegria, our classic R-27, keep her from her passion. Here are photos while underway as well as dockside at Snail Shell Harbor, Fayette Historic State Park, Michigan."

Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
BrianRangerTugs

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:19 pm

From Kent and Wendy M. "Fun in the sun. Anacortes at the beginning of our trip to the Roche Harbor Rendevous."

"The Captain on Coeur d’Alene."

"The Captain and her deck hand (a.k.a. Swabbie)."
Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
BrianRangerTugs

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:45 pm

From Matt and Lisa D.

"Naming of boat (IN THE FALL) gathering at our home in Florida. Very excited about the new experiences and memories to come!"

"Our first overnight excursion. Trip to St. Augustine Florida staying at the city marina to see what we got right and what we may have forgotten to bring."
Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
BrianRangerTugs

Next

Return to Chat