MarineMat

What's on your mind? Anything generic goes here.

MarineMat

Postby jordankailey on Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:59 pm

Hi I have a Ranger Tug R27. Has anyone bought this and had installed? If so, could I get some feedback on if it was good and what cost was? Thanks
jordankailey

City: Dunedin
State/Province: FL
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-27

Re: MarineMat

Postby knotflying on Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:18 am

I think you missed inserting what you are asking about.
“What we call reality is merely an ILLUSION we create for learning and enjoyment….”
knotflying

City: Charlestown
State/Province: RI
Non-Ranger Model: http://illusionsmikeandjess.blogspot.com/
Vessel Name: (2011) Illusions

Postby baz on Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:58 am

Barry & Jake (Wire Hair Fox Terrier)
SOLD - 2010 R-25 LAXEY
Traded in 2016 Ranger Gray R-21EC LAXEY
Trade in R-27/OB, LAXEY, Hull Midnight Blue
2019 R29 CB IoM LAXEY, Hero Red Delivery Feb/Mar 2019
Edmonds, WA
baz

City: Edmonds
State/Province: WA
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-29 CB
Vessel Name: LAXEY
MMSI Number: TBD......

Postby knotflying on Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:22 am

I installed a similar product. So far I like it. The deck stays cooler, non-slip and cleans up well.
“What we call reality is merely an ILLUSION we create for learning and enjoyment….”
knotflying

City: Charlestown
Non-Ranger Model: http://illusionsmikeandjess.blogspot.com/
Vessel Name: (2011) Illusions

Postby Scotty Mac on Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:38 am

I used a product called Seadek. Really pleased with it look in my photos to view. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=10723&p=74827&hilit=Seadek#p73734 For a thread on it.
Scotty Mac

City: Asheville
State/Province: NC
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-31 CB
Non-Ranger Model: USS Whale SSN-638
Vessel Name: Brown Eyed Girl

Postby Gin on Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:44 pm

The factory had Raptor deck on the RT 31 sedan at the Seattle boat show. We happened to be on the boat admiring the decking when a woman stepped aboard and took lots of pictures of it. She had done the patterning for it. She was super nice and we thought the patterning was excellent. Sounds like Raptor may have patterns now for most or all of the models. The factory evidently has been testing Raptor on a one or more boats for a year or so now, and is offering it as an upgrade. The gallery on Raptor’s website shows it on a Cutwater (with a large Ranger Tug logo in the center, which was for promoitional purposes and is not standard). Here’s a link: https://raptordeck.com/gallery/

While at the boat show, we happened by the SeaDek booth. The look and feel seemed identical to Raptor deck. When I mentioned to the SeaDek rep that we were looking at Ranger Tugs, and they use Raptor deck, he said they are basically the same and equally good products. He seemed like a stand-up guy who didn’t try to gratuitously bad mouth the competition, which left me a good impression of SeaDek as a company.

Gini
Gin

City: Salem
State/Province: OR
Vessel Name: Echo (2013)

Postby Brian B on Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:22 pm

Raptor uses Ultralon Foam. The Ultralon product is U-Dek that Knotflying and myself installed on our boats over a year ago.
There are pics in my photo album. The U.S. distributor for Ultralon is located in Rhode Island.
Brian B

City: West Warwick
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-25 SC
Vessel Name: GANSETT RANGER (2010) Yanmar 4BY2-150

Postby Gin on Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:33 pm

Brian, is it fair to say you’ve been happy with how the product has held up?
Gin

City: Salem
State/Province: OR
Vessel Name: Echo (2013)

Postby JamesTXSD on Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:55 pm

Gin wrote:The factory had Raptor deck on the RT 31 sedan at the Seattle boat show. We happened to be on the boat admiring the decking when a woman stepped aboard and took lots of pictures of it. She had done the patterning for it. She was super nice and we thought the patterning was excellent. Sounds like Raptor may have patterns now for most or all of the models. The factory evidently has been testing Raptor on a one or more boats for a year or so now, and is offering it as an upgrade. The gallery on Raptor’s website shows it on a Cutwater (with a large Ranger Tug logo in the center, which was for promoitional purposes and is not standard). Here’s a link: https://raptordeck.com/gallery/

While at the boat show, we happened by the SeaDek booth. The look and feel seemed identical to Raptor deck. When I mentioned to the SeaDek rep that we were looking at Ranger Tugs, and they use Raptor deck, he said they are basically the same and equally good products. He seemed like a stand-up guy who didn’t try to gratuitously bad mouth the competition, which left me a good impression of SeaDek as a company.

Gini

Looks sharp!

CD-25, Wild Blue
http://captnjim.blogspot.com/
JamesTXSD

City: Port Isabel
State/Province: TX
Non-Ranger Model: C-Dory 25 (sold)
Vessel Name: Wild Blue

Postby BaylorU on Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:32 pm

Following just so I can remember Raptor Mat. I’ve used SeaDek on several of my wakeboard and slalom boats, and it’s fantastic stuff as long as you take care of it and watch your ski fin on it! :) One thing to watch out for is when dirt gets worked under the edges...it can really creep under there once it gets started, so keep an eye on that and if it happens clean it and shore up the adhesive.
If Raptor has the patterns for CW’s and Rangers, that’s a huge leg up. Making the patterns can be a little tricky.
Ken
Fair Seas,
Ken
M/V Grace
2012 Cutwater 26
BaylorU

City: Arvada
State/Province: CO
Ranger/Cutwater Model: C-26
Vessel Name: Grace

Postby jordankailey on Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:00 pm

Thank you all for the feedback! It was very helpful. I am going to order the Raptor Deck and hope that I can install is properly.
jordankailey

City: Dunedin
State/Province: FL

Postby Whidbey Cruiser on Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:18 pm

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190207/9e7a02ea91a97b91e1e8364b644f0c7d.jpg[/img]

This was on a Cutwater 28 at the Seattle Boat Show last week. I also visited the Raptor booth and I was very impressed with their people. I’m leaning towards doing this on my boat but use the black color in the gaps instead of the ivory color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whidbey Cruiser

City: Greenbank
Ranger/Cutwater Model: C-28

Postby Joan and Jim on Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:25 pm

Will this product be OK with scales, blood etc from fish? How easy is it to clean?
Joan and Jim

City: Nanaimo
State/Province: BC
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-31 S
Non-Ranger Model: Dinghy "Tiny Bubbles"
Vessel Name: Bubbles
MMSI Number: 316034616

Postby The Doghouse 2 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:41 pm

I installed SeaDek on our previous SeaSport. It was a great, closed-cell foam product that cleans up well with a soft bristle brush and soap. I will tell you, although comfortable underfoot, this product does not like abrasion impacts. So where would you be likely to have such items onboard, you ask. Shrimp pots and crab pots! Have a protective mat or otherwise use care to avoid gouges in your mat when handling these and like items.

Bob & Kim
The Doghouse 2
The Doghouse 2

City: Lake Stevens
Non-Ranger Model: 2019 Hunter Green R27-OB w/ Suzuki 300
Vessel Name: The Doghouse 2
MMSI Number: 368050260

Postby Brian B on Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:42 pm

Joan and Jim wrote:Will this product be OK with scales, blood etc from fish? How easy is it to clean?

This should answer your question.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9940&p=68639&hilit=u+dek#p68639
Brian B

City: West Warwick
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-25 SC
Vessel Name: GANSETT RANGER (2010) Yanmar 4BY2-150

Next

Return to Chat