Just purchased Ranger Tug R29CB

What's on your mind? Anything generic goes here.

Just purchased Ranger Tug R29CB

Postby Jfrano on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:20 pm

Yes pulled the trigger today. I've been trolling around this website getting educated for several months now...thanks for all the great input. Wife and I have gone to several Boat Shows the last few years, the Annapolis boat show, which had all the vendors we where considering in one placed sealed the deal, for Ranger Tug.

Go down for Sea Trial on March 2 and pickup April 13!!!
Jfrano

City: Butler
State/Province: NJ
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-29 CB
Vessel Name: June Sea

Re: Just purchased Ranger Tug R29CB

Postby Rocky on Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:46 am

Congratulations! You wont be disappointed. We have an R29S and love it! Now.....Now, welcome to the longest two months of your life!! :)

Rocky
Rocky and Tracy Gamble
R29S Cerise
www.cerisetug.com
Rocky

City: mill creek
State/Province: WA
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-29 S
Vessel Name: Cerise
MMSI Number: 338317464

Postby baz on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:05 am

Jfrano wrote:Yes pulled the trigger today. I've been trolling around this website getting educated for several months now...thanks for all the great input. Wife and I have gone to several Boat Shows the last few years, the Annapolis boat show, which had all the vendors we where considering in one placed sealed the deal, for Ranger Tug.

Go down for Sea Trial on March 2 and pickup April 13!!!

Hmmmm.... maybe you will get your R29 CB before me.... but my official build for my 2019 R29 CB completion is Feb 21, 2019. However, I'm told the factory is a bit behind on things (maybe related to the recent and ongoing Seattle snow storms “Snowmageddon”) and I don't expect delivery much before end of Feb, or even early March.

No matter, we are kindred spirits given we have identical RT models being delivered at same time.

What, hull color did you chose ?

I'm having my boat's name placed under the cabin windows rather than on the bow/hull.... and boat will be USCG Documented so no nasty registration numbers plastered on the hull for me.

See name graphics here -> https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B1AJqstnBJrpPUB
Barry & Jake-Wire Hair Fox Terrier
SOLD - 2010 R-25 LAXEY
Trade in 2016 Ranger Gray R-21EC LAXEY
Trade in R-27/OB, LAXEY, Hull Midnight Blue
2019 R29 CB NW Edition - IoM LAXEY, Hero Red
AIS 800, Radio Call Sign: WDK7354
Edmonds, WA
baz

City: Edmonds
Vessel Name: LAXEY
MMSI Number: 368083620

Postby Jfrano on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:21 pm

It came with the Blue Hull. The model is a new 2017 leftover Full warranties for significantly less + extra 5 year Volvo warranty. Boat was less than I was seeing used models with 300+ hours. The dealer in Florida had been sitting on it, showing it through three boat shows. Says their really well made and great boats, just that people in Florida want to go 60mph with 4 outboard engines. So their really trying to clear house for the season. Showed me their invoices and their taking s big hit. The representative who will be doing my training was a LtCmd in the Navy, we have that in common. He did the loop in a Ranger Tug, so we’re really looking forward to his input!!l
Tremendously excited that our 2 year quest will soon pay off.
Jfrano

City: Butler
State/Province: NJ
Vessel Name: June Sea

Postby Andrew Custis on Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:41 pm

Thank you for posting and congratulations on your new boat! I wanted to send a quick note and make sure you are up to speed on what is required for a boat that has been in inventory for more than six months. Being that this one has been around for a couple of years, I want to make sure you have the best delivery experience possible. I also see that you are in New Jersey so it would be a good time to make a solid relationship with Winters who is our dealer for the area.

Please make sure the dealer completes the commissioning checklist and orientation checklist done with you in person which will end up back with our warranty department for approval. Also, I would suggest contacting the Volvo warranty department making sure that the warranty on the engine will start at the time of delivery. Sometimes the age of the engine will affect when this warranty starts which I have recently found out. You can visit the link here to download the orientation and commissioning checklist that will need to be done prior to taking physical delivery. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10862

Thanks again and congrats on your new boat!
Andrew Custis
Ranger Tugs & Cutwater Boats
andrewcustis@rangertugs.com
Andrew Custis
Ranger/Cutwater Factory Rep

City: Kent

Return to Chat