February Photo Contest!

What's on your mind? Anything generic goes here.

February Photo Contest!

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:35 pm

Last month’s contest was fantastic, we’ve had such a great time seeing how much fun everyone’s been having out on the water!

That got us thinking about your four-legged boating buddies, which brings us to this month’s theme, Tugmuts! Send us your favorite photo of your boating dog (Tugmut) out on a fun adventure. Whether it’s a picture of your dog in a cozy spot on board, or your pup outfitted in a sporty life jacket, we want to see the dogs of Tugnuts! Only one photo is eligible per entry so be sure to send us your favorite. If you have a cat who loves to go boating, don’t worry you’re welcome to enter the contest as well!

The winner will receive TWO embroidered Ranger Tugs or Cutwater Boats jackets!

To enter, email your photo along with a description/comment, to me at briandickhaut@rangertugs.com and I’ll post it right here on this thread.

We’ll be taking entries until February 25th at 5:00pm

Thanks, we can't wait to see what you guys have to share!
Last edited by BrianRangerTugs on Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
Ranger Tugs & Cutwater Boats
BrianRangerTugs

City: Monroe
State/Province: WA

Re: February Photo Contest!

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:40 pm

To get us started we have McQueen, sent in from Michael S.

"My dog, McQueen, whines from excitement as we drive up to the marina. He enjoys boating. We often anchor in a few nearby coves in front of some houses and he knows several labs who live there. They howl or bark at each other.

I occasionally cruise up Ego Alley where boats dock in the historic area of Annapolis. My 21’ Ranger Tug and McQueen in his life jacket attract a crowd of tourists."

Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
BrianRangerTugs

Postby Sweet_Pea on Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:25 pm

Four legs, two TugBuds hanging on the hook in Mud Bay.

Our budgies love to soak in the view when we cruise. Slouch showing off her sea legs with Parker.

Amy & Paul
Sweet Pea | Camano Island, WA
Sweet_Pea

City: Camano Island
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-25 SC
Vessel Name: Sweet Pea (2013)

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:36 am

From Ernest S. "This is Katie, she was always a good boat dog even when she was crabby. Here she is on our first Ranger (a Kent Ranger manufactured in the same old quansett hut on Pacific Highway)"

Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
BrianRangerTugs

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:35 am

In from John and Lois:

"The photo was taken by fellow tugger Paul Happel of our First Mate Harrison in Desolation. Harrison past last September on the way to Roche. Harrison was well know in the Tug Nuts Crowd. We have a new First Mate in training Jamison. He is progressing well however there will never be another Harrison."

Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
BrianRangerTugs

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:24 pm

From Gini L.

"Here’s an entry from me for the February boating contest. This is Fritz. He was 9 years old when this was taken. It was his first time aboard a boat, and he took to it like a true mariner. About a year after this was taken, he developed glaucoma and lost his eyesight. So his days as chief navigation officer were limited. But at age 14, he is still going strong."

Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
BrianRangerTugs

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:30 pm

From Brian Z.

"Here is a photo of our Australian mini Labradoodle.
Sebastian. Keeping an eye out for us at Essex Island in Connecticut on our Cutwater 24."

We're loving the photos, keep them coming! Entry is as easy as sending a photo for this month's theme to briandickhaut@rangertugs.com, and the prize is a pair of Ranger Tugs or Cutwater Boats jackets!
Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
BrianRangerTugs

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:32 pm

From Mark L.

"Well, “Tugmuts” may be my favorite type of photography. Ranger Tug boating with Moxie, my best four-legged friend, is a great source of pleasure – and priceless photos. Attached is one of my favorites, taken at Laura Cove in Desolation Sound, on our southbound return from Alaska last summer. Moxie, our 4 year-old Golden Retriever, and I were exploring the cove on our SUP board, and as we approached Seaquel my wife Peggy captured this action shot as we decided to go for a swim on a perfect hot day in that wonderful warm Desolation Sound water. You can see two other Ranger Tugs in the background (I believe there were four Ranger Tugs in the cove that day!)."

Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
BrianRangerTugs

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:59 pm

It's great to see all the entries come in over the weekend! Today is that last day, but I'll be taking entries until 5:00PM PST, so send in your photos while there's still time!

Another great shot, this time from David S.

"A bike ride into town means bringing my dachshunds too! These guys get a lot of attention....almost as much as my Ranger tug! Simon is on the right and Otis is on the left. Great traveling companions!"

Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
BrianRangerTugs

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:00 pm

From Matthew D.

"Race committee for the Cayman Islands Sailing Club frostbite series on our R21-EC"

Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
BrianRangerTugs

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:01 pm

From Kevin B.

"Panda returns from Lake Michigan crossing"

Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
BrianRangerTugs

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:28 pm

From Kim Z.

“There’s only room for one of us around here, Buddy”

Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
BrianRangerTugs

Postby BrianRangerTugs on Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:07 pm

We've taken a vote here at the factory and the results are in! This month's winner is Michael S. and his Tugmut McQueen!

if you missed the original post, here it is again!

"My dog, McQueen, whines from excitement as we drive up to the marina. He enjoys boating. We often anchor in a few nearby coves in front of some houses and he knows several labs who live there. They howl or bark at each other. I occasionally cruise up Ego Alley where boats dock in the historic area of Annapolis. My 21’ Ranger Tug and McQueen in his life jacket attract a crowd of tourists."

Congrats' Michael! And a huge thanks to everyone who participated in this month's contest. Keep an eye out on the forum as we'll be announcing March's theme shortly!
Brian Dickhaut
Marketing Associate
BrianRangerTugs

Return to Chat