Hail and Farewell

What's on your mind? Anything generic goes here.

Hail and Farewell

Postby Gin on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:07 pm

Yesterday, we had the bittersweet experience of saying goodbye to Echo, our 2013 R27, and taking delivery of Echo II, our 2019 R31 sedan. Like so many other Ranger Tug owners, we found ourselves ready to move up in size. It wasn't an easy decision to make, since our R27 has been such a great boat. Still, we felt ready for a bigger boat, and bigger adventures to go with it.

The best part is staying in the Ranger Tug family. We love the boats, we love the factory support, and we love the shared experience, wisdom, and good will of the other Ranger Tugs owners and Tugnuts on this forum.

Here's to the next adventure, for us and all of you.

Below, a photo of Echo and Echo II, communing at the dock before separating to go on their separate destinies. Bitter to say goodbye to Echo, but sweet to say hello to Echo II. Hail and farewell.

Gini

(PS - how fitting that this is my 500th post on Tugnuts!)

Gin

City: Salem
State/Province: OR
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-27
Vessel Name: Echo (2013)

Re: Hail and Farewell

Postby Hydraulicjump on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:35 pm

What a great looking pair of boats. You should keep both of them!

Congratulations on the new boat. Now you have NO excuse not to do what we do: ship it up to the PNW and live on it for a month, ending with the Rendezvous. It is a magical experience to live on your boat for four full weeks. You'll love it! And you can do an Alaska cruise with it as well.

Glad you are staying the family. I remember when you brought Echo into the fold, with all the magic of discovery of a new boat. Nothing like it.

Jeff
Hydraulicjump

City: Davis
State/Province: CA
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-29 CB
Non-Ranger Model: Necky Looksha VII, Liquidlogic Remix, Jackson 4Fun
Vessel Name: La Barka (2015)

Re: Hail and Farewell

Postby Gin on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:52 pm

Jeff, alas, we love ‘em both, but they won’t both fit in the boathouse.

I’d love nothing more than to finally meet up with you on some fantasic Puget Sound Ranger Tug cruise. I haven’t forgotten that you gave us our theme song ;) .

So do you go up to the sound every summer for a month or more? When? Where do you moor? We are thinking about exactly that kind of adventure (other obligations permitting). PM me if that seems like the more appropriate way to exchange that info.

Great to hear from you. I always watch for your posts.

Gini
Gin

City: Salem
State/Province: OR
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-27
Vessel Name: Echo (2013)

Return to Chat