"Kisae" Remote power switch?

What's on your mind? Anything generic goes here.

"Kisae" Remote power switch?

Postby SLyle01 on Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:04 am

New Owner of a 2019 R27, dumb question: we've searched thru all 22 manuals provided to new Owners but could not find a description of the function for an odd, spring-loaded switch identified as the "Kisae" remote control power switch (above the electrical panel on the aft cabin lower bulkhead). Is this for the A/C remote (which presently doesn't seem to "control" anything)?
Thanks,
Steve
SLyle01

City: Solomons
State/Province: MD
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-27
Vessel Name: Aurelia

Re: "Kisae" Remote power switch?

Postby Admiral S on Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:38 pm

This switch turns your inverter on and off
Admiral S

City: Stony Point
State/Province: NY
Non-Ranger Model: Helmsman Trawlers 43 Pilot House
Vessel Name: Varka (2017)
MMSI Number: 338238995

Postby Matty on Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:26 pm

Correct. If you need inverter you turn this switch on by holding 2-3 seconds. Then turn power source selector to inverter. Turn inverter off by pressing small spring loaded switch again. Then select what ever power source you want to use. Some people say to leave it on all the time but I shut mine off. They put it there for a reason and do not spend a lot of money placing switches for nothing. But ...to each his own.
Matty

City: New Smyrna Beach
State/Province: FL
Vessel Name: IN THE FALL (2018)

Postby The Doghouse 2 on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:26 am

Steve, as they say "there are no dumb questions". Matty brings up a good point as to keeping the inverter on, even when there is no electrical load on the system.

This is a good time for a RT teaching moment, since they installed the system. Or we could individually contact Kisae to ask them. RT?

Bob
The Doghouse 2

City: Lake Stevens
State/Province: WA
Non-Ranger Model: 2019 Hunter Green R27-OB w/ Suzuki 300
Vessel Name: The Doghouse 2
MMSI Number: 368050260

Postby jagizzi on Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:36 am

When the inverter is on it is using battery power whether it is producing it or not. It should not be on if you are not using it. Why have a piece of electronic gear on when not in use.
Jim and Kelli Gizzi
Next Ten
2018 R23
NWesterly.com
Friday Harbor
jagizzi

City: Battle Ground
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-23
Non-Ranger Model: R-23, July 3rd delivery, yippee
Vessel Name: Next Ten

Postby SLyle01 on Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:06 pm

Great info., Thanks all.
So it's probably not a good idea to leave the remote (inverter) ON -since it is drawing from the batteries to power the inverter, even if "Inverter" is not selected and not actually converting AC?
Still begs the question to RT Inc.: what is the "remote" switch's function, since there is already a position on the Master Power panel (8" below the "remote" switch) FOR "inverter"?
Steve
2019 R27 "Aurelia"
SLyle01

City: Solomons
State/Province: MD
Vessel Name: Aurelia

Postby KennyMarrs on Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:24 pm

Hello All,

Think of the remote switch like your shore power cord. Without the shore power cord connected you don't get shore power. The remote switch serves the same purpose, without the switch on you won't have inverter power. Both shore power and inverter have master switches on the AC panel that need to be turned on to use the systems on the boat.

When not in use the inverter remote switch should always be left in the off position so you don't drain your batteries prematurely.

Thanks,
-Kenny
KennyMarrs
Ranger/Cutwater Factory Rep

City: Kent
Vessel Name: The Buffalo

Postby kevin_summit on Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:29 pm

SLyle01 wrote:Great info., Thanks all.
So it's probably not a good idea to leave the remote (inverter) ON -since it is drawing from the batteries to power the inverter, even if "Inverter" is not selected and not actually converting AC?
Still begs the question to RT Inc.: what is the "remote" switch's function, since there is already a position on the Master Power panel (8" below the "remote" switch) FOR "inverter"?
Steve
2019 R27 "Aurelia"

Hello Steve,

The remote switch is to turn on the inverter, the breaker at the panel labeled "inverter" controls the output of the inverter power to the panel to power outlets and microwave. This is also helpful if someone or something was to press up against the button and accidentally turn on the inverter.

Just to be clear, unless you are needing power for outlets and/or microwave and are away from shore power, the inverter needs to be OFF, both the breaker at the panel and the remote power switch labeled "Kisae". If you leave the inverter on even with the breaker off it is still using battery voltage to power the inverter and will drain your batteries.

Hope this clears up any confusion and if you have any more questions about this please feel free to email me if you'd like. My email is in my signature below.

Thank you,
Kevin Lamont
Kevin Lamont
Ranger Tugs & Cutwater Boats
kevinlamont@rangertugs.com
kevin_summit

City: kent

Postby The Doghouse 2 on Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:37 pm

Not to beat a dead horse, but I don't see where anyone is mentioning yet another switch (probably the most important switch), the master on/off "inverter" switch in the port lazerette, adjacent to the batteries.

I keep this switch in the "on" position (right or wrong?), but I have never used my inverter. I suspect keeping the master off and remembering to turn it on when needed is probably best.

The sequence as I understand it:

1. All switches on distribution panel "off".
2. Inverter master switch to "on".
3. Push slide bar up on distribution panel to block shorepower, flip inverter switch to "on".
4. Push remote Kisae switch until light is "on".
5. Switch "on" equipment you want to run on inverter.
6. Pray.
The Doghouse 2

City: Lake Stevens
Non-Ranger Model: 2019 Hunter Green R27-OB w/ Suzuki 300
Vessel Name: The Doghouse 2
MMSI Number: 368050260

Return to Chat