New R23 buyer with questions

What's on your mind? Anything generic goes here.

Re: New R23 buyer with questions

Postby Water Bill on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:06 am

Tim,

I took Mystery Girl to King Marine Canvas Products on August 2nd and they used my boat to make the pattern for their first R-23 camperback enclosure.
Here is a link to some pictures I took while they were putting it all together.
gallery2.php?g2_itemId=49933
I used the camperback at Yellowstone Lake in August after leaving King Marine on the way back to South Carolina. it was definitely a worthwhile investment. Laura is right about the price being in the $4,000 range.

Bill
Water Bill

City: Seneca
State/Province: SC
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-23
Vessel Name: Mystery Girl

Postby Salish Seaker on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:23 pm

So we took delivery of our brand new 2018 R-23 on November 15th and we're very excited. Kenny and the factory were gracious enough to trailer the boat up to our marina near Anacortes since we didn't choose to buy a trailer. The orientation went very smoothly as Kenny did a great job. We are so impressed with the customer service Ranger Tugs offers, especially the job Andrew has done in getting us this boat and staying with us through the entire process. We're now looking forward to our day 2 orientation on the water with Tim. It will be fun learning how to dock this much bigger boat than we're used to, especially mastering the bow thruster.

I have a question now that we took delivery of the boat. I've been looking through the pictures and noticed that a lot of boats don't have the boat names on the boat. Is there a reason for that? For the boats with the names on the boat, where is the typical place most owners put the name decal on? I would especially be curious to hear from other R-23 owners and see pictures as well. For some reason, I don't see a lot of albums for R-23 owners either.

Thank you for putting up with an obviously excited new owner.

Peter
Salish Seaker

City: Seattle
State/Province: WA

Postby baz on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:30 pm

Peter: There's no need to apologize for being excited about your new boat at all. The R-23 is a fantastic boat and very good value for the money IMO.

Most (if not all) of the RT in my marina have names.

For our new R-27/OB we had it documented with the USCG & Homeland Security. The current rules call for the name to be on the bow/hull and on the transom along with the Hailing Port.

Good luck with Tim and your 2nd day. Tim's instructions are top notch and ask as many questions as you like of him. Run the boat through its paces and practice docking several times if you have the time. Being able to see the motor out the back and its orientation will help you guide the boat to port and starboard with ease. Go slow docking as there's no rush... just take your time and if you get it wrong just pull back out and try again.
Barry, Gill & (Jake Wire Hair Fox Terrier)
SOLD - 2010 R-25 LAXEY
Traded 2016 Ranger Gray R-21EC LAXEY to Ranger Tugs.
R-27/OB, LAXEY, Hull Midnight Blue
Edmonds, WA
baz

City: Edmonds
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-27
Non-Ranger Model: 2018 R-27 w/F300 outboard
Vessel Name: LAXEY
MMSI Number: 368005270

Postby Salish Seaker on Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:20 am

Thanks Barry. I got pretty good at docking with the nimble C-Dory but the R-23 Is definitely bigger, longer and heavier. I have a feeling the bow thruster will be a welcome addition. :D

Peter
Salish Seaker

City: Seattle

Postby tjiann on Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:14 am

Salish Seaker wrote:Thanks Barry. I got pretty good at docking with the nimble C-Dory but the R-23 Is definitely bigger, longer and heavier. I have a feeling the bow thruster will be a welcome addition. :D

Peter

The bow thruster is one of the greatest inventions ever. :D Enjoy the new boat.
tjiann

City: Annapolis
State/Province: MD
Vessel Name: Scarlet B

Previous

Return to Chat