Cockpit canvas for R29S with hardtop, advice?

Have you customized your Ranger Tug or Cutwater Boat? Share your handiwork here.

Cockpit canvas for R29S with hardtop, advice?

Postby Kenaithab on Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:26 pm

Could anyone direct me to some pictures of a R-29S with a hardtop and cockpit canvas? We have a 2016 which has a hardtop covering about 80% of the cockpit. We like to go to Prince William Sound to shrimp/fish but it can rain for days on end there. Additionally, if anyone has a canvas/clear enclosure, what features are the most helpful and what would you add/avoid if doing it over? We will have to get it done locally this spring as we prefer not to wait until we do the Inside Passage in a few years and get down to WA.

Thanks
Kenaithab

City: Kenai
State/Province: AK
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-29 Classic
Vessel Name: Morning Glory

Re: Cockpit canvas for R29S with hardtop, advice?

Postby Burlington on Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:56 pm

We have the same boat as you complete with canvas. I am not sure how to post a picture. Please send me your email address and I will send you some pictures. Our boat is in Sidney, BC.
Burlington

City: Burlington
State/Province: ON
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-29 S
Non-Ranger Model: Take delivery in December
Vessel Name: Stoney Lake Explorer

Re: Cockpit canvas for R29S with hardtop, advice?

Postby Bruce Moore on Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:11 pm

Burlington wrote:We have the same boat as you complete with canvas. I am not sure how to post a picture. Please send me your email address and I will send you some pictures. Our boat is in Sidney, BC.

Getting a User Photo Album for your Ranger Tug is easy but it requires submitting a request from within the site structure.

1. Sign on to the site. You’re probably signed on if you’re reading this.

2. Select the User Control Panel link from the upper left corner of any page. Note: On the home page, this link is in your user menu in the upper right.

3. Click the Usergroups tab, then select the radio button next to the User Albums group.
Scroll down, choose "Join selected" in the drop-down menu, and click the Submit button.

Once you do this, an email is automatically sent to the administrator (me). That message will trigger my ability to approve your request, and you'll receive an email indicating your membership in the User Albums group has been activated.

I'll watch for the message, and look forward to seeing your pictures.

Cheers,

Bruce
Bruce and Vicki
R-41 Bridge - Hull #4 - Coming soon! - name TBD
Seattle, WA
Bruce Moore

City: Seattle
State/Province: WA
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-31 CB
Non-Ranger Model: SSBN 658 Mariano G. Vallejo
Vessel Name: MoonShadow (2014)
MMSI Number: 367598350