C-28 Cockpit table legs

Have you customized your Ranger Tug or Cutwater Boat? Share your handiwork here.

C-28 Cockpit table legs

Postby boaterjoe on Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:18 pm

While we love our C-28 we do not like the single leg on our rear cockpit outdoor table. It is difficult to set up, and is not all that stable. I am thinking about replacing it with an off the shelf system or building a detachable support system myself. I am curious if anyone has done this or is thinking about changing out the leg support?
boaterjoe

City: Bainbridge Island
State/Province: WA
Non-Ranger Model: Cutwater 28
Vessel Name: Flying Turtle

Re: C-28 Cockpit table legs

Postby stwendl on Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:07 pm

While I don’t have a c28, I had the same issue on my r27. The table had some leg attached to the stern box and the table was way too small for my taste. Replaced with a roll up table from rei made of aluminum and folds neatly down to minimum space when not needed
Difference between RVers and Boaters:
RVers move until they reach water, Boaters move until they reach land.
Ranger Tug owners can do both :)
stwendl

City: palo alto
State/Province: CA
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-27
Vessel Name: Cataleya

Postby BB marine on Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:01 pm

I installed a deck flush mount and use the table from the V Berth in the cockpit. I also made a small docktail table

V Berth table converted to cockpit table

This is the insert I made to take the place of the table. I removed the pedestal to have more storage space under the Berth
Brian Brown
Cutwater 26
PORT-A-GEE
portageelooper.blogspot.com
bkb_marine@msn.com
BB marine

City: Lemont
State/Province: IL
Non-Ranger Model: 26 Cutwater
Vessel Name: PORT-A-GEE

Re: C-28 Cockpit table legs - Great Solution

Postby boaterjoe on Tue May 15, 2018 12:26 pm

Thanks to a suggestion by BBmarine a member on this list, I purchased a Garelick Quick Release Surface Mount Socket Base - 6.625" Diameter complete assembly deck base pedestal and table base on Amazon. I installed it in the same location as the original pedestal and leg assembly. Works like a charm, is easy to take down, and is VERY sturdy. A great suggestion. Much better than the cockpit leg and pedestal that Cutwater supplies on their boats. Thanks to all who responded with good ideas!
boaterjoe

Postby Osbonsky on Tue May 15, 2018 7:30 pm

Sounds like a great solution. Did you use the table top that came with the boat? If so did it require a different fitting? Thanks in advance.
Osbonsky

City: Tiburon
State/Province: CA
Ranger/Cutwater Model: C-28
Vessel Name: Hop Aboard

Postby boaterjoe on Fri May 25, 2018 11:00 am

Osbonsky wrote:Sounds like a great solution. Did you use the table top that came with the boat? If so did it require a different fitting? Thanks in advance.

Yes the Garelick came with it's own fitting. Did not fit the holes but the fitting covered all the holes in the engine cover and on the existing wood table which I reused. A great solution.
boaterjoe
Flying Turtle C-28
Bainbridge Island, WA
boaterjoe

Return to Owner Customizations