C-28 Cockpit table legs

Have you customized your Ranger Tug or Cutwater Boat? Share your handiwork here.

C-28 Cockpit table legs

Postby boaterjoe on Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:18 pm

While we love our C-28 we do not like the single leg on our rear cockpit outdoor table. It is difficult to set up, and is not all that stable. I am thinking about replacing it with an off the shelf system or building a detachable support system myself. I am curious if anyone has done this or is thinking about changing out the leg support?
boaterjoe

City: Bainbridge Island
State/Province: WA
Non-Ranger Model: Cutwater 28
Vessel Name: Flying Turtle

Re: C-28 Cockpit table legs

Postby stwendl on Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:07 pm

While I don’t have a c28, I had the same issue on my r27. The table had some leg attached to the stern box and the table was way too small for my taste. Replaced with a roll up table from rei made of aluminum and folds neatly down to minimum space when not needed
Difference between RVers and Boaters:
RVers move until they reach water, Boaters move until they reach land.
Ranger Tug owners can do both :)
stwendl

City: palo alto
State/Province: CA
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-27
Vessel Name: Cataleya

Postby BB marine on Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:01 pm

I installed a deck flush mount and use the table from the V Berth in the cockpit. I also made a small docktail table

V Berth table converted to cockpit table

This is the insert I made to take the place of the table. I removed the pedestal to have more storage space under the Berth
Brian Brown
Cutwater 26
PORT-A-GEE
portageelooper.blogspot.com
bkb_marine@msn.com
BB marine

City: Lemont
State/Province: IL
Non-Ranger Model: 26 Cutwater
Vessel Name: PORT-A-GEE

Re: C-28 Cockpit table legs - Great Solution

Postby boaterjoe on Tue May 15, 2018 12:26 pm

Thanks to a suggestion by BBmarine a member on this list, I purchased a Garelick Quick Release Surface Mount Socket Base - 6.625" Diameter complete assembly deck base pedestal and table base on Amazon. I installed it in the same location as the original pedestal and leg assembly. Works like a charm, is easy to take down, and is VERY sturdy. A great suggestion. Much better than the cockpit leg and pedestal that Cutwater supplies on their boats. Thanks to all who responded with good ideas!
boaterjoe

City: Bainbridge Island
State/Province: WA
Non-Ranger Model: Cutwater 28
Vessel Name: Flying Turtle

Postby Osbonsky on Tue May 15, 2018 7:30 pm

Sounds like a great solution. Did you use the table top that came with the boat? If so did it require a different fitting? Thanks in advance.
Osbonsky

City: Tiburon
State/Province: CA
Ranger/Cutwater Model: C-28
Vessel Name: Hop Aboard

Return to Owner Customizations