Cockpit sink extension

Have you customized your Ranger Tug or Cutwater Boat? Share your handiwork here.

Cockpit sink extension

Postby NautiTug on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:19 am

I have a Cutwater 28. I would like to purchase an extension and new handle with on/off switch to be able to reach the swim platform and be able to use the fresh water to rinse off without getting the gunk all over the cockpit. Any suggestions on what to purchase?
NautiTug

City: Little Silver
State/Province: NJ
Non-Ranger Model: BW 17

Re: Cockpit sink extension

Postby The Doghouse 2 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:32 pm

Check with RT for their swim step handheld shower wand and compartment configuration on the R27-OB... RT did a nice job with that unit! They may have a replacement kit (with compartment) or give you the mfr make / model. Pex plumbing makes plumbers of us all! Good luck,

Bob
The Doghouse 2
The Doghouse 2

City: Lake Stevens
State/Province: WA
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-27
Non-Ranger Model: 2019 Hunter Green R27-OB w/ Suzuki 300
Vessel Name: The Doghouse 2
MMSI Number: 368050260

Postby BB marine on Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:11 pm

I installed the Transom shower on our 26 Cutwater. I actually think that Ranger liked it enough they started using instead of the plastic one that they used before :shock: . The install is tight in the location but works great. The shower hose fits nicely in the transom bilge area. I purchased it from Overtons 2 years ago. ITC is the manufacture.

Brian Brown
Cutwater 26
PORT-A-GEE
portageelooper.blogspot.com
bkb_marine@msn.com
BB marine

City: Lemont
State/Province: IL
Non-Ranger Model: 26 Cutwater
Vessel Name: PORT-A-GEE

Postby S@LTD on Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:22 pm

I am looking to do the same thing. Here is a link to an additional 5 ft of hose that I am looking to add to my cockpit faucet that I think will reach.

http://www.fawcettboat.com/pc_product_d ... 47DBF1BB38
Scott and Lil Thiede
Dynamic Duo
S@LTD

City: Newcastle
State/Province: CA
Ranger/Cutwater Model: C-28
Non-Ranger Model: 2004 Nautique 196
Vessel Name: Dynamic Duo (2018)
MMSI Number: 368038780

Postby NautiTug on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:25 am

Thanks Brian. I am a little nervous to cut in the boat already!! But I really do like the location and the look of yours. What did you use to cut?

BB marine wrote:I installed the Transom shower on our 26 Cutwater. I actually think that Ranger liked it enough they started using instead of the plastic one that they used before :shock: . The install is tight in the location but works great. The shower hose fits nicely in the transom bilge area. I purchased it from Overtons 2 years ago. ITC is the manufacture.

NautiTug

City: Little Silver
State/Province: NJ
Non-Ranger Model: BW 17

Postby BB marine on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:08 am

I made a template for the cut out. Removed the cup holder above the shower location to make sure the hole location would work and to move the wires for cockpit lighting out of the way while cutting. I taped the template in place and drilled 4 very small holes top, bottom and each side to confirm the location would be acceptable for inside clearance. I used a 3" hole saw and cut the radiuses top and bottom then cut the rest of the hole with a Craftsman Multi-Tool saw. The saw does a great job cutting fiberglass. It cuts slow and makes smooth cuts. The shower insert is a snug but manageable fit in this location. We use the shower all the time when cruising. We rarely use the shower in the head. I plan on making a portable shower stall this winter that attaches to the Bimini hardware, a u- shaped stainless steel curtain rod and the curtain made of sunbrella , easily removable and stow-able.
Brian Brown
Cutwater 26
PORT-A-GEE
portageelooper.blogspot.com
bkb_marine@msn.com
BB marine

City: Lemont
State/Province: IL
Non-Ranger Model: 26 Cutwater
Vessel Name: PORT-A-GEE

Return to Owner Customizations