water pump pulsates

Have you customized your Ranger Tug or Cutwater Boat? Share your handiwork here.

Re: water pump pulsates

Postby Matty on Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:54 pm

Below is from a post I made a few days ago o n another thread. This fully eliminated my pulsation but you could have another issue. Also - there are several youtube videos that explain the issue and possible remedies. But it is not usually the pump as much as an unequal pressure on the input vs output sides.

I can hear the plastic pipe rattleing againt the sides of the boat so that is something I will try and remedy this weekend using pipe insulation.

Old thread but have some thoughts..
Went on a 3 night trip. Tied up in marina. Everyime wife turned on water i cringed due to hammering noise of pump off and on. I knew it was pressure issue. When we got back i took off the inlet filter at the pump. Bunch of plastic filings from when installed. Removed them and rinsed screen filter.
Pressure doubled and no pulsating. Very pleased. Next i will cover as many pipes as i can because they do vibrate. The pump vibration is transferred to plastic pipes and travel all the way across boat to head.
I am sure it will help.
Posted a picture in my album
Matty

City: New Smyrna Beach
State/Province: FL
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-27
Vessel Name: IN THE FALL (2018)

Postby S@LTD on Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:18 pm

We had the hammering as well. Installed an accumulator but didn't help much. Switched out to a Aqua King II premium by Shurflo. Problem solved.
Scott and Lil Thiede
Dynamic Duo
S@LTD

City: Newcastle
State/Province: CA
Ranger/Cutwater Model: C-28
Non-Ranger Model: 2004 Nautique 196
Vessel Name: Dynamic Duo (2018)
MMSI Number: 368038780

Postby Jfrano on Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:32 am

We have the pulsating to.

Not sure if I never noticed because I was fixated on the sound... but all the lights pulsate to match the pumping. Are others experiencing that as well or is it new for me?

Thanks
Jfrano

City: Butler
State/Province: NJ
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-29 CB
Vessel Name: June Sea

Previous

Return to Owner Customizations