Factory-Sponsored Broughtons trip, July 2019

Have an idea for a cruise or gathering? Get together with fellow Ranger owners here.

Factory-Sponsored Broughtons trip, July 2019

Postby Sam Bisset on Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:53 am

Hi all,

I know it’s cold across much of the US and Canada right now, but we need to start planning for warmer weather. Think whales, sunshine, sunset happy hours, flip flops… you get the point! It’s time to start talking about our 2019 factory cruise schedule.

As many of you know, we had an overwhelming response for our factory cruises last year. We added another destination to our late May/ early June cruise to increase capacity from 60 boats to 100. We sold out our Desolation Sound Cruise in a matter of days! We had 42 spots available and ended up with a waiting list of 50 boats.

This year we’ve decided that in order to share the experience with as many people as possible, the factory led-Desolation Sound Cruise will be open only for customers who have not had the chance to take their boat on the trip before.

BUT… that’s not the end of the story. We’re excited to announce that we have been in contact with Pierre form Pierre’s Echo Bay in the Broughtons and he’s saving us spots for several boats at the resort on July 26th – 28th. Every Saturday during the summer, Pierre’s puts on a fantastic pig roast at the resort. We’ve reserved 50 seats for the July 27th pig roast that are open to any Ranger Tugs and Cutwater Boats customers who want to participate in a group cruise to the Broughtons at that time.

Our hope is that several of the boats that would normally plan to join the Desolation Sound Cruise will take this opportunity to venture further North amongst friends to the beautiful Broughton Archipelago.

We will not be sending a factory boat on the cruise, but we will be flying a team of factory reps to Pierre’s for a welcome celebration. We can do most of the planning and pre-event communication from the factory, but we do need to find some cruise directors to help keep the group together on the trip up and be part of the planning party. The factory will pick up the bill for the pig roast for all Ranger Tugs and Cutwater Boats.

This should be considered an advanced cruise. To qualify for this cruise you should have experience cruising at least up to Desolation Sound. If you are interested in going on this cruise or helping us coordinate it. Please email me at sambisset@rangertugs.com.

thanks!
Sam Bisset
Marketing Director
Ranger Tugs & Cutwater Boats
Sam Bisset

City: Everett
State/Province: WA

Re: Factory-Sponsored Broughtons trip, July 2019

Postby Rockyman on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:03 pm

Hi Sam,

This sounds like a great idea and a natural extension for those of us who have already cruised Desolation Sound. I am looking forward to hearing more about potential itineraries. I have heard of the Pig Roast at Pierre's and it sounds like a fun event.
Rockyman

City: La Conner
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-31 CB
Non-Ranger Model: Marshall Cat 18' Sailboat
Vessel Name: Tangaroa
MMSI Number: 338246879

Postby oneeyedjackass on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:08 pm

Hi Sam
Dea & I are def planning bringing Nixie back up to PNW in July . We were already planning on going to desolation and beyond so this should work out great. We will most likely launch in anacortes or bellingham. Let me know how we could help.
take care,mark
Mark & Dea.....NIXIE
oneeyedjackass

City: Blue Jay
State/Province: CA
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-23
Vessel Name: NIXIE

Postby ANTIDOTE on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:21 pm

Hello, Sam,

We just read your post on TugNuts this morning about Pierre’s Echo Bay in the Broughtons on July 26th-28th, 2019. We would like to be a part of that group cruise and the pig roast. Please, add our names to the list.

Thank you for keeping us informed.

Gregory & Catherine Peña

ANTIDOTE
2018 R-31S
Gregory & Catherine Peña
ANTIDOTE 2018 Ranger Tugs R-31S
Traded - ANTIDOTE 2010 Ranger Tugs R-25 Classic
ANTIDOTE

City: Port Ludlow
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-31 S
Vessel Name: ANTIDOTE

Postby Olytuggers on Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:30 pm

We would love to be added to the list for Echo Bay and the pig roast! What a great idea, thanks Sam! We were there a couple of years ago but in June, before the season began, too early for these festivities, and always felt that we missed something wonderful in the Broughtons.

Dan and Lois Cheney
North Star R27 Classic
www.boatdays.weebly.com
Olytuggers

City: Olympia
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-27
Vessel Name: North Star
MMSI Number: 367504350

Postby Ernie on Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:07 pm

I’m in!
Daisy loves it up there. As we approach the date
I’d love it if any tugs from puget sound want to make a flotilla of it
Ernie
Ernie

City: Seattle
Vessel Name: Daisy

Postby riverbuddy on Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:09 am

Hi Sam,
Erica and I would like to be part of the festivities. Please add us to the list. We so enjoyed Desolation Sound in 2016 and are ready to venture further north.
Bob and Erica
Andiamo
riverbuddy

City: Portland
State/Province: OR
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-29 Classic
Vessel Name: Andiamo
MMSI Number: 367506270

Postby Familyguy on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:23 am

Hi Sam,
We are not ready for the Broughtons trip but would love to join in on the Desolation cruise this year. When will you be announcing the dates for that? And Sign us up!
Familyguy

City: Delta
State/Province: BC
Vessel Name: Loan Ranger

Postby bill j on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:05 am

Sign us up!!

Lynn and Bill Johnston
wjohnston@sw.org
Overdue CW 302 coupe
bill j

City: belton
State/Province: TX
Non-Ranger Model: CUTWATER 26
Vessel Name: OVERDUE

Postby Sam Bisset on Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:47 pm

This is great! I've had a really strong response both here, and via email. I'm going to gather a few more details and get back to everyone shortly.

In the meantime, here is an informative video that Sam Landsman and Laura Domela from slowboat.com produced with great info on Johnstone Straight and The Rapids.

and a fun and informative video from PacificNWBoater about Pierre's Echo Bay

More to come soon...
Sam Bisset
Marketing Director
Sam Bisset

Postby ShortCut on Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:28 pm

As with FamilyGuy, we plan to sign up for the Desolution cruise as soon as it becomes available and then sign up for the next available Broughtons trip after that.
ShortCut

City: Edmonds
Ranger/Cutwater Model: C-242 C
Vessel Name: ShortCut

Postby Sam Bisset on Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:30 pm

For those asking, sign ups for Desolation Sound will start on the first day of the Seattle Boat Show, January 25th. I'll post more details here on tugnuts when they're available.
Sam Bisset
Marketing Director
Sam Bisset

Postby Wee Venture on Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:09 pm

Let me just say to everyone who is considering going, that the Broughtons and Pierre’s in specific are wonderful! We went to the pig roast last year and by chance met up with some other Ranger Tugs who were traveling together. Pierre went out of his way to make space for us on the dock so we could join the others. He is that kind of guy. We wish we could join you this time, but we got so inspired by our Broughtons adventure that we plan to head up to Alaska when summer comes. Enjoy!

John and Suzanne Bachelor
Wee Venture

City: Kenmore
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-31 CB
Vessel Name: Wee Venture
MMSI Number: 368003370

Postby Red Raven on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:53 pm

Hi John and Suzanne,

We also were in the Broughtons this past summer and are planning on Alaska in 2019. Perhaps we will cross paths somewhere up there?

Curt and Tracy
Curt and Tracy Johansen
Red Raven
2014 R27
Volvo D3 200HP
Red Raven

City: Coupeville
Non-Ranger Model: Sevylor Ocean Inflatable Kayak, Ranger 260 RIB
Vessel Name: Red Raven
MMSI Number: 338190767

Postby misinger on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:30 am

My wife and I are interested in both Desolation Sound and Roche Harbour rendezvous in 2019.
misinger

City: Richmond
State/Province: BC
Vessel Name: Le Matou

Next

Return to Cruises and Gatherings