Dometic air conditioning

Have a tech question or tidbit you wish to share with the other Ranger Tug owners? Post it here.

Dometic air conditioning

Postby chrispangaro on Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi all

I have a 2008 R25, Hercules here in Australia. The Dometic 16000 air on is not working. Have tracked and tested all I can. There is water flow, the fan operates, all functions and programmable functions work, the switch over valve hot/cold functions, the compressor switches on, all operates on self test. It's just that it neither heats or cools the air. Surprisingly no high or low pressure codes.

The boat has had little use (240hrs) and the only conclusion I can draw is that it has it has lost its refrigerant gas. Although no signs of oil leakage on the unit. If this is the case it may well just leak again if regassed and cost of doing so is marginal value for me. But have I missed anything?. Suggestions appreciated. Chris
chrispangaro

City: Lilyfield, NSW Australia
State/Province: Other
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-25 Classic
Vessel Name: Hercules

Re: Dometic air conditioning

Postby knotflying on Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:17 am

It does sound like a refrigerant issue. I would pressure it up with new refrigerant and then run it for a while and then check the pressures again. If you lost pressure start looking for the leak.
“What we call reality is merely an ILLUSION we create for learning and enjoyment….”
knotflying

City: Charlestown
State/Province: RI
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-27
Non-Ranger Model: http://illusionsmikeandjess.blogspot.com/
Vessel Name: (2011) Illusions

Return to General Technical Discussion