Galley Faucet Flow/Pressure

Have a tech question or tidbit you wish to share with the other Ranger Tug owners? Post it here.

Re: Galley Faucet Flow/Pressure

Postby knotflying on Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:05 am

Larry, you do not have to remove the sink. The hose (the one that goes from the faucet body to the head, silver and flexible) is attached by a slip on fitting with an o-ring. Granted you can't see it but with a stubby Philips head you can reach up and feel for the screw and place the screwdriver on it and loosen it. You do not have to remove the screw all the way. Just enough so that you can pull the hose off. Once you remove the hose you can look inside and find the check valve and pluck it out.
“What we call reality is merely an ILLUSION we create for learning and enjoyment….”
knotflying

City: Charlestown
State/Province: RI
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-27
Non-Ranger Model: http://illusionsmikeandjess.blogspot.com/
Vessel Name: (2011) Illusions

Postby Larry H on Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:42 am

knotflying,

Thanks, I will try that tomorrow.
Larry H
2014 R-27
Jacari Maru
Larry H

City: Tulalip
State/Province: WA
Vessel Name: Jacari Maru

Postby Larry H on Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:39 pm

knotflying,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I was not able to loosen the retaining screw on the anti-siphon valve. I could get the screwdriver on it, but could not put enough torque on it.

I am going to call the factory for instructions on sink removal and re-install.

ON EDIT....... I called Ranger Tugs and spoke to Kenny. He advised that to remove the sink the silicon caulk has to be cut by running a blade between the sink and counter.
I will attempt this.
Larry H
2014 R-27
Jacari Maru
Larry H

Postby Larry H on Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:11 pm

The galley sink faucet saga continues.........

I have removed the sink. I removed the anti-siphon valve and extracted the core. I checked for screens in the supply lines, none found. I tested the water flow before connecting the faucet hose. all good.

Then I connected the faucet hose and NO water comes out the faucet. I removed the aerator but still no joy.

Can the spray head be cleaned? Can the spray head be disassembled? Can the spray head and hose be replaced?

Thanks for all the suggestions.....
Larry H
2014 R-27
Jacari Maru
Larry H

Postby Red Raven on Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:02 am

Hi Larry,

On mine there is a screen at the back of the faucet head where it attaches to the faucet hose. You have to get a good grip on the hose collar and it screws off from the head. Then if you look in the back of the head you will see the screen.

I hope this helps.

Curt
Curt and Tracy Johansen
Red Raven
2014 R27
Volvo D3 200HP
Red Raven

City: Coupeville
Non-Ranger Model: Sevylor Ocean Inflatable Kayak, Ranger 260 RIB
Vessel Name: Red Raven
MMSI Number: 338190767

Postby Larry H on Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:42 am

Thank you Curt,

I will try that.
Larry H
2014 R-27
Jacari Maru
Larry H

Postby Larry H on Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:07 am

Followup on galley faucet......

I was able to remove the hose from the spout. There was no screen. The clog was further up the spout, I pressed the plastic black button on the spout and removed the center core, which is black plastic.

I was not able to clear the spout insert.

I have ordered a new faucet and I am waiting for delivery.

Thanks to everyone who has helped.
Larry H
2014 R-27
Jacari Maru
Larry H

Postby Larry H on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:04 pm

Follow up on the galley sink faucet.

I ordered a replacement faucet from Amazon. I have now replaced the faucet and reinstalled the sink. All went smoothly.

I removed the check valve from the flex hose at the brass connector. I looked in the spout and found the screen just inside from the hose connection.

I did NOT remove the screen in the spout. If that screen is not there, any debris can go up the spout and block small holes in a place that cannot be cleaned. At least the screen can be cleaned. I have installed a good, low micron filter after the pressure pump so all downstream faucets should remain clean.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me with this problem.

Now to go boating!
Larry H
2014 R-27
Jacari Maru
Larry H

Postby captstu on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:33 pm

My faucet had a "flow restrictor" in the hose from the faucet to the spray head. It was mandatory during the water rationing years in some cities.

There was a junction where the longer hose went into a small length of hose on the bottom of the fauced. Unplug that junction and pry out the small orifice-looking thing - it is likely clogged with a small amount of some junk.

You don't need it.

When you fill your fresh water tank, put a hose without a nozen all the way down to the bottom of the tank and flush out the residual debris that have likely accumulated over the years. That isn't your problem now, but it may keep your screens from clogging next time.

If you put in a new faucet, it is unlikely it has a flow restrictor so your problem will go away.

From Goggle, "Flow restrictors on a kitchen faucet are small disk-shaped barriers that reduce the amount of water that comes out the faucet. They are installed in various configurations, and may be either added as a unit that replaces the conventional flow-directing screen on a faucet, or built in as part of the faucet itself."
Stuart Bell (561) 352-1796
stu@Shearwater-sailing.com
R-25 Shearwater IV SOLD
captstu

City: Delray Beach
State/Province: FL
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-25 Classic
Vessel Name: Shearwater IV (SOLD)

Postby Larry H on Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:14 pm

The replacement faucet has good flow.

I forgot about those 'flow restrictors' until you mentioned them.

I use an R V filter on the end of the hose when filling and have a home type replaceable cartridge filter after the water pump. I am sure hoping all this prevents a future clog.
Larry H
2014 R-27
Jacari Maru
Larry H

Previous

Return to General Technical Discussion