new upholstery for ranger 25

Ask away with your Ranger technical or pre-sales questions. A Ranger rep will give you the official scoop.

new upholstery for ranger 25

Postby Lummisailor on Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:55 pm

can the factory supply replacement upholstery for our 2008 R25 or give a referal
Lummisailor

City: lummi island
State/Province: WA
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-25 Classic
Vessel Name: synergy

Re: new upholstery for ranger 25

Postby scross on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:40 pm

Per Andrew Custis in response to a recent question on R29 upholstery problems:
“For several years we honored a replacement program for the flaking upholstery but that has now come to an end. The material was purchased from a company called Morbern if you wish to reach out to them directly for questions about their products.

The best thing to do from this point on would be to contact a local upholsterer and bring them the upholstery that needs replaced. It will be more cost effective and allow them to wrap the material in their shop.”

Suggest you do a search on “upholstery” on this forum. Dozens of threads on this subject. Your local marine/auto upholstery place is probably your best solution as Andrew recommends. Also, consider new foam as well. Much better foam products out there today than RT used back in the day. See my album for pics of our R25 re-upholstery project. Good luck!
Vicki Foley and Al Thomas
2009 R25 Classic
"Our Journey"
scross

City: Ashland
State/Province: OR
Vessel Name: Our Journey
MMSI Number: 367719470

Postby Lummisailor on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:06 pm

Al
thanks for the response. I was hoping the factory could tell me who does their work. I will call Ranger as I guess they don't monitor the the Tug Nuts web site that often.
Lummisailor

City: lummi island
Vessel Name: synergy

Postby Admiral S on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:34 pm

Lummisailor wrote:Al
thanks for the response. I was hoping the factory could tell me who does their work. I will call Ranger as I guess they don't monitor the the Tug Nuts web site that often.

Ranger does their own upholstery in-house now, No local shop that can be referenced that can produce it for you. As a lot of other owners have done, bring the seats over to a local shop and they fabricate new covers and foam to fit the seat. That would be your economical solution.
Last edited by Admiral S on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admiral S

City: Washingtonville
State/Province: NY
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-27
Vessel Name: Varka (2017)
MMSI Number: 338238995

Postby Andrew Custis on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:23 pm

Hello,

On your specifc model, we didn't build that interior. We had a company that was building for us that is no longer in business. A local upholstery or canvas shop should be able to recover yours in whatever fabrics you choose.

Take care,
Andrew Custis
Ranger Tugs & Cutwater Boats
andrewcustis@rangertugs.com
Andrew Custis
Ranger Factory Rep

City: Kent

Postby scross on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:31 pm

Lummisailor,
Second what the Admiral said about RT now doing their upholstery in house. Also for the R25 Classic, they no longer have the patterns so they can't make you a set of covers without the patterns. If your boat is like ours, the foam was shot, the fabric worn and the helm seat "leatherette" stretched out and flaking. Our project cost about $1,200 total for new foam, labor and marine vinyl replacement of:
o Two aft dinette back and seat
o Big dinette table berth cushion
o Forward three dinette/port helm cushions and one "board" back
o Helm seat
o V-berth bolsters

Our helm seat is at the local upholsters now - the rest is compete. I got my open cell foam from http://www.usafoam.com/opencellfoam/opencellfoam.html
Used the Lux Regular and Lux High Quality foam. They were very helpful in recommending products based on location, use and my weight requirements.

Andrew C - I wasn't the original poster on this thread. Our upholstery project is pretty much complete! Looks GREAT IMHO! Thanks!
Vicki Foley and Al Thomas
2009 R25 Classic
"Our Journey"
scross

City: Ashland
State/Province: OR
Vessel Name: Our Journey
MMSI Number: 367719470

Return to Ask the Ranger Factory