wiper motor removal and replacement

Ask away with your Ranger technical or pre-sales questions. A Ranger rep will give you the official scoop.

wiper motor removal and replacement

Postby HAIDA II on Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:16 pm

I need to replace the wiper motor on our Ranger Tug 31S but it looks like a very difficult job. Any suggestions? Thanks,
HAIDA II

City: Castle Rock
State/Province: CO
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-31 CB
Vessel Name: HAIDA II
MMSI Number: 987456123

Re: wiper motor removal and replacement

Postby kevin_summit on Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:06 pm

HAIDA II wrote:I need to replace the wiper motor on our Ranger Tug 31S but it looks like a very difficult job. Any suggestions? Thanks,

Hello,

You need to remove the brown vinyl panel down in order to remove the wiper motor, but you must also remove either the STRBD or port team pillar the STRBD side is a bit easier. Depending on the year we may have nailed it in with small tacking nails. There’s actually more involved then it looks cause of the need to drop down that panel. If your confindent in mechanical skills it’s not that hard but can be difficult. Do you have a servicing dealer close by?

Thank you,

Kevin Lamont
Kevin Lamont
Ranger Tugs & Cutwater Boats
kevinlamont@rangertugs.com
kevin_summit

City: kent
State/Province: WA

Postby HAIDA II on Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:16 pm

Thanks Kevin. I do not know if there is a servicing dealer in Anacortes. Do you or the factory have any idea of the hours or cost to replace the motor?
HAIDA II

Postby ethanbarnett on Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:43 pm

What year is your Tug and which side? We are having same issue and just posted a few days ago. We are a 2015 R29S.
Ethan and Tammi Barnett on Liberty
ethanbarnett

City: Clearwater
State/Province: FL
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-29 S
Vessel Name: LIBERTY

Postby HAIDA II on Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:43 pm

We have a 2014 31S and it is the second wiper motor from the starboard side. Have you talked to anyone in the repair industry about the cost?
HAIDA II

Postby Godspeed on Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:16 pm

The motor on the port side of our 2015 Cutwater 30 failed last year. I contacted Imtra Ana’s they replaced the motor at no charge after I sent them the failed motor. The factory rep said thE model that was supplied to Fluid Motion is no longer made and a replacement model (exact fit) had been developed. Apparently that era motor was prone to multiple failures.

At least with the RT models the motor is relatively easy to access. I spent almost 10 hours removing, replacing and adjusting the sweep of the motor on my Cutwater 30. I swear to god that the boat was buildt around the motor:(. If anyone has to replace theirs on a Cutwater contact me for some lessons learned that will make the repair easier.
Godspeed

City: Oregon
State/Province: WI
Ranger/Cutwater Model: C-30 S
Vessel Name: Godspeed

Return to Ask the Ranger Factory