Page 1 of 1

Sink in the head of 2014 R31

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:33 am
by griervictoria
The water pressure in my head sink has gone from a trickle to zero. All other taps, shower and the head itself work just fine. No water for either hot or cold settings. Does this faucet have a screen which can be removed and perhaps unblocked? Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Re: Sink in the head of 2014 R31

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:43 am
by Spinner
I had the same issue. It turns out there is an additional aerator/screen in the faucet that requires a special removal tool.

I had already tried disassembling as much of the faucet as I could get at. I hired a plumber, but he did not have the correct size removal tool. On the plus side, he did open up the fresh water pump and remove a fair amount of plastic shavings from the pump screen.

My final solution? I used an ice pick to put holes in the *%#* rnon-removable faucet screen!

Re: Sink in the head of 2014 R31

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:56 am
by griervictoria
Sue, thanks for this. Your final solution sounds like the perfect answer. Steve Phillips who looks after Ranger tugs here in Sidney area says I need a new tap. I will try this first.

Re: Sink in the head of 2014 R31

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:48 am
by griervictoria
Just poked a small screwdriver through the screen and was then able to unscrew the whole filter unit. It was totally plugged with fibreglass dust likely from the water tank when it was new. Thanks again for the tip. Saved me $$ for a new faucet

Re: Sink in the head of 2014 R31

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:22 am
by Spinner
Great! Do check the screen in the fresh water pump also....

Re: Sink in the head of 2014 R31

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:53 am
by 2islanders
I have a 2012 and at that time Ranger was using Fontana brand. I had the same issues as you. Both the galley and the head sinks were the style with the tap that would spray or stream
spray. The aerator on these ones has a fine thread and difficult to get to turn by hand but a gentle twist with pump pliers and they came apart easily . In the galley I finally found the issue was way underneath the sink where the flex pipe on the tap line itself (not the supply lines) connects to the solid pipe in the center. There is one set screw to loosen of on the side and you can pull it off. Inside there was a tiny little check valve that had the same bits of plastic in it causing it to plug up and stop the flow.
If not the same brand of tap they may be similar. Good luck with it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk