Wiper motors

Ask away with your Ranger technical or pre-sales questions. A Ranger rep will give you the official scoop.

Wiper motors

Postby SEEADLER on Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:29 pm

The wiper motors on my 2014 R25 have been failing over time. I'm now down to only one working wiper. The latest incident involved a wiper that wouldn't move and then a chatterting noise started in the motor and wouldn't stop until I walked out and hand adjusted the wiper. Additionally, the motor became so hot I couldn't touch it - I had to shut off the house batteries to get it to stop. The others simply do nothing - no movement. Do I really have to replace the wiper motors that only have a few hours on them?
SEEADLER

City: Bainbridge Island
State/Province: WA
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-25 Classic
Vessel Name: SEEADLER

Re: Wiper motors

Postby kevin_summit on Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:47 pm

SEEADLER wrote:The wiper motors on my 2014 R25 have been failing over time. I'm now down to only one working wiper. The latest incident involved a wiper that wouldn't move and then a chatterting noise started in the motor and wouldn't stop until I walked out and hand adjusted the wiper. Additionally, the motor became so hot I couldn't touch it - I had to shut off the house batteries to get it to stop. The others simply do nothing - no movement. Do I really have to replace the wiper motors that only have a few hours on them?

Hello,

Have you replaced any of the wiper motors before? They may not have too much run time on them but if they have never been replaced they are 4-5yrs old. Now with saying that I would assume there could have been some water in them and while sitting rusted or corroded some parts inside, hard to know without removing the motor and inspecting the inside. I would make sure that you are getting power on both sides of the connector for each motor before replacing just to ensure the motor itself is bad. Feel free to email me with any questions and a faster response. My email is below in the signature.

Thank you,
Kevin Lamont
Kevin Lamont
Ranger Tugs & Cutwater Boats
kevinlamont@rangertugs.com
kevin_summit

City: kent

Re: Wiper motors

Postby SEEADLER on Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:15 pm

Thanks Kevin,

I'll take one off and take a look at it.

Luke
SEEADLER

City: Bainbridge Island
Ranger/Cutwater Model: R-25 Classic
Vessel Name: SEEADLER

Return to Ask the Ranger Factory