Planned Outage - Monday, 3/27 @ 9PM PST

Planned Outage - Monday, 3/27 @ 9PM PST

Postby Da Nag on Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:00 pm

Hi TugNuts,

We're moving the TugNuts to a new hosting provider this evening. Plans are to start the process at 9PM, PST.

The move itself happens relatively quickly, likely taking only 20 minutes or so. However, without getting into all the gory nerd details (DNS propogation, for those of you that care and/or are familiar), you might not have access to the "new" site for an hour or more.

Once the migration starts, you'll see an indication the site is offline when you visit. Once you're pointed at the new location, all should appear as it did before. If not, I trust y'all will let me know...but we've had our best people on the job, so no problems are expected. Of course, there's only me...so "best" doesn't carry the same reassurance it might otherwise.

Assuming you go to bed at a reasonable hour, you'll likely never know anything happened. For the rest of you...there's a whole big Internet out there for you this evening, as well as late night TV. :D

Bill
Da Nag

City: Port Angeles
State/Province: WA
Non-Ranger Model: Nordic 26
Vessel Name: Wagmore
MMSI Number: 338180584

Re: Planned Outage - Monday, 3/27 @ 9PM PST

Postby Da Nag on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:15 am

Well...as many of you no doubt noticed, the migration did not go as planned.

The short version: I've been unable to fix the login and photo album issues in a timely manner, and with no resolution in sight I made the decision to move us back to the old server. The downside being, we've lost about 24 hours worth of posts that were made on the new one.

We'll try again once I've got the issues sorted.
Da Nag

City: Port Angeles
State/Province: WA
Non-Ranger Model: Nordic 26
Vessel Name: Wagmore
MMSI Number: 338180584

Re: Planned Outage - Monday, 3/27 @ 9PM PST

Postby Phil Nersessian on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:12 am

Thank You for the update. Good luck with all that computer stuff, better you than me, I'd break the whole internet!
Phil Nersessian

City: West Bridgewater
State/Province: MA
Non-Ranger Model: Cutwater30LE

Return to Site Announcements