El Niño Preparation

Lanrac62

Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2025
Messages
12
Fluid Motion Model
R-25 (Outboard)
Hull Identification Number
FMLT2527K233
Vessel Name
Sin Nombre
I own a 2023 Ranger R25 located in the Marina in Santa Barbara. I typically leave my boat in my slip from mid-October to mid-May. I have a Dehumidifier and air purifier running 24/7 in the enclosed salon and have a rear cockpit enclosure made of Sunbrella Fabric that matches the factory bimini. This year I have waterproofed the Bimini and enclosure with 3 coats of 3M Waterproofing for exterior canvas use. I also sprayed a Mold Inhibitor on the inside of the canvas to help prevent mold. I plan on leaving a few small openings for airflow. What are other West Coast boaters doing to help prevent water from penetrating their enclosures and hopefully prevent water damage to the rear cockpit and massive mold issues? Thanks in advance.
 
I know it may not be 1 of your options but...
My best friend owned boats all his life and he talked me into spending the extra money for a covered slip. The lower maintenance costs over the years has offset the covered slip cost. I would highly recommend it if you ever get the opportunity.
 
Back
Top