The harbormaster at our marina (in Kenmore) recommends a marine electrician from Emerald Harbor marine. He has recently helped some boats who have tripped the ground fault interrupters in our updated marina electrical system. The firm is based in Elliot Bay but he lives in Shoreline which is close to Edmonds. His name is Dan Heil.JonR":1l4h6eoc said:Anybody know of reputable boat electricians in the Edmonds area to do such and inspection and/or rework if needed?
Good day, could you please send me your before and after photos. Thanks in advanceWhile investigating problems using the ProMariner TruePower 3000 Inverter on our 2016 Cutwater 24 (Hull ID US-FLMC245L516) I found that the boat’s Blue Seas AC panel was not wired correctly. Neither SHORE nor INVERTER outputs went through the 30A breakers. The SHORE and INVERTER outputs were hardwired together, which is dangerous for putting 110V on the shore power cable from the inverter, and for putting 110V on the inverter output from the shore power cable. I rewired the AC panel as shown for the generic Shore Power / Inverter panels on the Blue Seas website. I urge other Cutwater 24 owners with inverters and Blue Seas AC panels to have a qualified ABYC technician check the AC panel for wiring errors like those I found, and to rewire the panel if needed. I have photos and diagrams for both “before” and “after” wiring, which I will be happy to provide by email.
Slade Cargill, 2016 Cutwater 24 "Sojourner", Longboat Key, FL
Tugnuts.com is the community hub for Ranger Tug, Cutwater, and Solara owners. Since its inception in 2008, the Tugnuts forum has grown into an active and thriving community of more than 9,000 members. It serves as both a meeting place for the best boating community online, and an invaluable archive of information.