Leak Around V Berth Hatch

Bryan Allen R 31 CB

New member
Joined
Aug 22, 2026
Messages
2
Fluid Motion Model
R-31 CB
Hull Identification Number
FMLT3118A020
I have a 2020 Ranger Tug R-31 with a leak that has appeared in the trim along the cut out, see pictures, My first thought was to remove (slightly) and replace caulking around hatch. Is there a better idea?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3133.jpeg
    IMG_3133.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
There is no "slightly". Pull all the screws, inside first to remove the trim ring. Then outside and if it's like mine, will come off easily.
Clean with a putty knife and solvent, then apply your favorite, non-silicone, marine sealant. Sika 291 works nice. Replace the hatch and screws - but not too tight. I added a bit of sealant to each screw as it went back in.
I did all seven hatches on my 2011 this spring, some were very leaky.

Ha! Posted picture with the trim ring still installed. I guess I left that one...

7801.jpg
 
Back
Top