bmcminn
Well-known member
- Joined
- Apr 8, 2025
- Messages
- 47
- Fluid Motion Model
- C-248 C
- Vessel Name
- Umi Nami
I would gladly be proven wrong. But at this point, for me at least, I'm thinking the HVAC is a lot of weight for almost no benefit.
I got a new 2026 C248 with the LiPo house bank and the HVAC in Sept 25.
I have almost 200 hours on the motor, so I've been out a bit, mostly this last summer. I like anchoring for 2-3 days, maybe with a marina night in there and maybe not. I don't think I will ever need the AC.
I do not like being cold, and use the boat as an office some days.
I tried this a couple times last winter and found that the HVAC load when running was about the same as a Caframo True North space heater. I still need to get some hard numbers on this, but if I remember correctly the Victron Connect app showed them having a very similar draw. And the Caframo is way warmer and quieter.
So I'm thinking about double checking this in a few months and if that holds out, then I'll see how easy it is to remove the HVAC and just keep it in my garage if I ever chose to sell the boat.
Please share your thoughts.
I got a new 2026 C248 with the LiPo house bank and the HVAC in Sept 25.
I have almost 200 hours on the motor, so I've been out a bit, mostly this last summer. I like anchoring for 2-3 days, maybe with a marina night in there and maybe not. I don't think I will ever need the AC.
I do not like being cold, and use the boat as an office some days.
I tried this a couple times last winter and found that the HVAC load when running was about the same as a Caframo True North space heater. I still need to get some hard numbers on this, but if I remember correctly the Victron Connect app showed them having a very similar draw. And the Caframo is way warmer and quieter.
So I'm thinking about double checking this in a few months and if that holds out, then I'll see how easy it is to remove the HVAC and just keep it in my garage if I ever chose to sell the boat.
Please share your thoughts.