Hadn't heard of a dry flush toilet...thanks for sharing! Seems like lower maintenance than a composting toilet.
It is! I wish I could figure out how to add pictures on here, but while it’s a little taller than the raritan toilet, it takes up the same amount of space. There’s no smell, ever. EVER. We didn’t need to add a through hull for exhaust.
Before using the toilet you put in a powder that helps to ‘gel’ your waste so it’s not liquid, and helps to control order until you ‘flush’ the waste and it seals. It’s just my husband and I, so to save on battery/bags, we ‘flush’ after 3-4 number 1s, or any number 2s.
The bag wraps and seals the product, and drops it in its own trash. You simply take the bag of trash out and dispose of it. There’s been zero leaking, zero fuss, zero water. And again, we’ve charged it once this season. And 2.5 months later, we’ve changed out the bags (it comes in a roll, like a garbage bag roll), one time. It says a roll is good for 20 uses, but we’ve easily sealed double that amount, so they are underestimating the amount of usage.
We did the same as you with barbs to close up the water lines for the toilet, but because we don’t fish, we just closed down the intake valve for the salt water wash down and the toilet, just to ensure no water can get in.
The toilet is $700-800? Sure, it’s a big upfront cost. But honestly, I’m hard pressed to figure out how they could make it better, and I’d buy it again in a heartbeat.