DC fridge

ggary

New member
Joined
Aug 25, 2025
Messages
3
Fluid Motion Model
R-25 SC
Hull Identification Number
FMLR2516L213
Vessel Name
Protagonist
Have an R25 2013
My question is on a DC refrigerator is it better to not run them for an extended amount of time?
If it creates to much draw on batteries
 
I've been running the fridge for nearly two years straight with no issues. The sun provides enough power to keep the lithium batteries topped off and the fridge running.
 
I have the original (with a new door) and it runs all the time. I never turn it off - gotta have cold beer ‍♂️ When at dock, I keep the boat plugged into shore power - perhaps that isn't wise. Otherwise, we have a 440W solar panel, two 200Ah lithium batteries and we have never drawn down the battery - your milage may differ.

I have never heard anyone suggest otherwise. My two cents, that is the least of your worries as a boat owner.
 
Back
Top