Fontana shower valve

Ouzoman

New member
Joined
Mar 28, 2020
Messages
1
Fluid Motion Model
C-302 SC
Hull Identification Number
FMLT3129B616
Vessel Name
Mary Jane
Might sound like a stupid question, but how do you operate the shower valve? Left to right goes from hot to cold. We can’t get any water out of it and have replaced the cartridge.
 
2014 R31cb, I have had to clear debris from ours twice . It was floating behind fiberglass so reinstalling was an ordeal. Inside you will find it has two valves used to shut off water to test before walls are closed up in residential construction . They can be closed and opened with screw driver once you have removed cover . Saw mineral deposit or bits of fiber glass come out when cycling valves . Then I was back to full pressure. Now you have a floating diverter and two long screws ( 10-24 ). Royal PITA . second time I purchased 6” x 10-24 SS screws and SS acorn nuts to secure to diverter valve . Found them at Bolt Depot . I don’t want to tell you how much time I spent looking for M5 bolts and they were not. Hope this helps
 
On our 2033 R27 OB, the left/right valve on the shower head is a diverter valve, as the flow is controlled by the sink faucet. The left/right diverts the water flow from the sink to the the shower head,

If no diverter, the “debris” possibility may be at play.
 
Might sound like a stupid question, but how do you operate the shower valve? Left to right goes from hot to cold. We can’t get any water out of it and have replaced the cartridge.
I just bought a 2020 r27. Tried my first shower. A little challenging. One question is can you in some way turn off the shower to save water other than reaching behind the curtain and using the faucet?
 
R31cb is different but I would suggest buying a new shower head/wand with a valve for control .
 
R31cb is different but I would suggest buying a new shower head/wand with a valve for control .
Good idea. Thanks. The new one come with that feature
 
I also removed the towel rack in our head to give a little more room to shower. It is only an inch or two of space but I feel like it helped a lot. I replaced it with a couple towel holding hooks which are working fine:
 
Back
Top