Leak into stateroom on R-29 classic

bpeatman

Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2023
Messages
20
Fluid Motion Model
R-29 Classic
Hull Identification Number
FMLT2907H213
Vessel Name
Sugar
MMSI Number
338482189
I have a 2013 R-29. I noticed water on the stateroom floor near the bottom step. It turns out water was dripping from the fabric headliner just above the door frame. There is no moisture around the hatch, so I am stumped. Any ideas appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited: Yesterday at 5:08 PM
 
It's probably coming from the compass. I experienced the same leak. There are a couple of places that could leak water into the cabin because of the compass. The compass housing could be leaking from the deck to compass seal. I used some black silicone to seal around the base of the compass. That did not stop the leak. Talked to Ritchie and they said the leak was probably coming from the body of the compass where the sun shield attaches. So I uses more black in that area and that stopped the leak. That was 6 years ago and it was still holding until I had to replace the compass this weekend because ,over the last couple of years. I developed a large air bubble in the glass.
 
Back
Top