Shore power while on trailer

Moosewood

Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2026
Messages
18
Fluid Motion Model
R-23 (Outboard)
Hi Tugnuts!
First season off the water and storing in an open air boathouse on San Juan island. It’s is a 2020 R-23.
I set it up so I can plug in my shore power cable to an outlet. I am in the middle of winterizing and general cleanup and while washing down and draining my cockpit bilge I stuck my little finger in the keel drain plug to clear out some debris and could feel a tingling electrical current.
I discovered that the drain plug is grounded but should I feel current ? If I disconnect the shore power and just run batteries there is no current felt.
Maybe this is by design.
Thanks all and have a great winter!
Mark
2020 R-23.
Mineral Point , San Juan Island
 
Last edited:
Back
Top