Snap in decking

DC3

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 25, 2020
Messages
64
Location
Cumming, GA
Fluid Motion Model
C-32 C
Hull Identification Number
FMLT32C07H12
Non-Fluid Motion Model
Crest 230 tri-toon; BW 130 Super Sport
Vessel Name
Blue Heaven
MMSI Number
338546431
Does anyone know who is making the new snap in decking found in the 2026 Fluid Motion boats? I am looking at this for my 2022 Cutwater C32. I would think that Fluid Motion is out sourcing this decking. I am assuming the 2026 templates are the same as the 2022. I think this would be better option than replacing the Raptor decking.
 
Would love to know the answer to this as well. I just posted the other day about the EVA decking coming off my boat in various places (the decking is great, the adhesive attachment is not!) and if I end up having to redo it, I'd much prefer to just do the snaps on the edges rather than the entire floor.
 
Following... some of our C-288 has been re-attached, by the dealer, multiple times, and all is starting to peel. Two panels lost in high winds/rain. Scrubbing the deck now with lacquer thinner to remove adhesive. A friend has a Pursuit with 'snapped' decking. Much better experience.
 
look back at the repair/disappointment history on Tugnuts/FB posts concerning the decking applied by Fluid Motions... good thing no one is an Attorney is search of a Class Action....
 
We have Raptor decking on our 2023 R27, and love it. However, after 3 years of short season use in the NE, it is all coming up. We’ve lost 2 panels on the swim platform, all all the panels in the cockpit are lifting.

The culprit is most likely an installation issue: cleaning and prep before the peel & stick. Moreover, the adhesive only contacts the high points of the antiskid, which allows dirt and water to get underneath.

While we would purchase an R27 with weave flooring, it is not optimal for us. I have slid across the weave with boat does on.

We will have to replace our decking after the season. We will supervise the installation.

Question: has anyone, including Fluid Motion, considered filling in the non-skid to create a level surface for the decking to adhere to?

Yes, that may limited the future to foam decking or some other non-skid application.

When we install the new decking we will not do the swim platform or any area outside of the cockpit. The factory non-skid is effective and walkable with bare feet.

While we should have seen 5+years of service before dealing with this, we love the boat and like the look/feel of the decking. Preparation will be the key to the future durability.

That being said, if we were buying a new Ranger Tugs 27OB featuring the snap-in weave product, we would still buy it: it’s a Ranger Tugs after all!
 
We had the Raptor decking installed nearly throughout the exterior surfaces of our 2015 R31-CB 5 years ago. This is the first year we have seen some peeling, which I glued back dow with a 3M product (ok so far). The decking was installed by Raptor personnel. Love the feel of it, especially on the knees.
 
I haven't done a formal survey, but seems like most of the RaptorDeck issues are out of the southeast. Maybe heat and humidity?
 
Following... some of our C-288 has been re-attached, by the dealer, multiple times, and all is starting to peel. Two panels lost in high winds/rain. Scrubbing the deck now with lacquer thinner to remove adhesive. A friend has a Pursuit with 'snapped' decking. Much better experience.
I have found that xylene works really well. I had to strip the decking off of a paddle board and the xylene cut through the glue better than acetone or mineral sprits. Just use steel wool and xylene.
 
I haven't done a formal survey, but seems like most of the RaptorDeck issues are out of the southeast. Maybe heat and humidity?
I haven't wanted to really poke at them all, but the piece is coming off on our starboard side bow hatch and on the port side swim platform. We're in NJ and this is the 2nd season with the boat (Solara S-250 DC). Not quite to the extent of the southeast, but we definitely get heat and humidity here. I did notice that both of those pieces had a bit of a "hump" in the middle, like they weren't completely flat when they were glued.
 
Does anyone know who is making the new snap in decking found in the 2026 Fluid Motion boats? I am looking at this for my 2022 Cutwater C32. I would think that Fluid Motion is out sourcing this decking. I am assuming the 2026 templates are the same as the 2022. I think this would be better option than replacing the Raptor decking.
Corinthian marine aqua mats
 
Back
Top