Solara Horn??? REALLY???

Joined
Jul 20, 2025
Messages
17
Location
Orcas Island, San Juan County, WA
Fluid Motion Model
S-310 SB
Hull Identification Number
FML31B15B526
Vessel Name
No Regrets
MMSI Number
368451060
I posted this originally in the general Solara discussion forum, but there was no factory response. Let's try it here. . . .

Okay, Solara, what the heck is up with this piddly excuse for a horn on the 310 SB? If I'm running in fog, I think I'd rather be run down by a container ship than hit the horn button. Seriously though, the emasculated little "meep" it produces is ridiculous. Does anyone have a workable replacement for this, yet? I get you were going for the sleekest look, but having family, friends and even on-lookers BREAK OUT LAUGHING IN DERISION is not what I want to have happen! 😡
 
Hi there!

Sorry that the horn doesn't meet your needs. It is always possible to install another horn on the bridge itself, if you are so inclined. You can replace it with what you feel suits you best. The one we use on the C32 is the Fiamm dual horn, part number 75550-14. (this buy https://www.amazon.com/FIAMM-7555014-Electric-Trumpet-Horn/dp/B00AR2RHI4 ) I personally like that horn pretty well. Hope that helps but let us know.

Cheers,

Ralf
 
Back
Top