bmcminn
Well-known member
- Joined
- Apr 8, 2025
- Messages
- 47
- Fluid Motion Model
- C-248 C
- Vessel Name
- Umi Nami
I am constantly being pulled to spend more time on the water.
I just got a C248 last summer and have regretted zero hours spent on board, either anchored, at a marina, or even dry.
Not sure I would ever want to be FT live-aboard but I could imagine years ranging from 60/40 to 40/60. I have two great kids, 8 and 12.The youngest really likes all things boats, so she's all in. My older daughter likes being onboard, but doesn't have "it" the same way. Who knows what happens when they grow up.
In the meantime I imagine a future...
My boat is so nice. Fairly easy to trailer, launch/retrieve, and store. Super fun to operate, dock, fish, explore. Big enough to handle all the weather I want to be "boated" in and then some.
Looking at Meridians and all boats that size and up, I'm not sure I want to trade the type of experience I get at the helm of a smaller boat for large boat amenities, even if I have a good dinghy.
But then, I would love to have a second stateroom that I could use for an office, I still work FT 100% remote and want to for another 15 years plus. It would be nice to have a couch, semi-normal shower, and a bed where I could put my feet over the side, even if it's just that bottom 1/3. A better galley.
So there are a ton of boats that fit that bill, including the Fluid Motion family. I was looking at the Nimbus 305 recently and that seems like a good size.
But how in the world are we going to pay for the fuel when it's 80% more than what it is now? That will be a huge change.
Is Fluid Motion going to make a hybrid inboard?
The Greenline 42 hybrid seems like it is in the niche. If it's good weather you can enjoy a nice electric cruise from anchorage to anchorage. If you need more speed or power switch to diesel.
What do you all think?
I just got a C248 last summer and have regretted zero hours spent on board, either anchored, at a marina, or even dry.
Not sure I would ever want to be FT live-aboard but I could imagine years ranging from 60/40 to 40/60. I have two great kids, 8 and 12.The youngest really likes all things boats, so she's all in. My older daughter likes being onboard, but doesn't have "it" the same way. Who knows what happens when they grow up.
In the meantime I imagine a future...
My boat is so nice. Fairly easy to trailer, launch/retrieve, and store. Super fun to operate, dock, fish, explore. Big enough to handle all the weather I want to be "boated" in and then some.
Looking at Meridians and all boats that size and up, I'm not sure I want to trade the type of experience I get at the helm of a smaller boat for large boat amenities, even if I have a good dinghy.
But then, I would love to have a second stateroom that I could use for an office, I still work FT 100% remote and want to for another 15 years plus. It would be nice to have a couch, semi-normal shower, and a bed where I could put my feet over the side, even if it's just that bottom 1/3. A better galley.
So there are a ton of boats that fit that bill, including the Fluid Motion family. I was looking at the Nimbus 305 recently and that seems like a good size.
But how in the world are we going to pay for the fuel when it's 80% more than what it is now? That will be a huge change.
Is Fluid Motion going to make a hybrid inboard?
The Greenline 42 hybrid seems like it is in the niche. If it's good weather you can enjoy a nice electric cruise from anchorage to anchorage. If you need more speed or power switch to diesel.
What do you all think?
Last edited: