Autopilot Troubleshooting

colinm

Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2014
Messages
12
Fluid Motion Model
C-24 C
Non-Fluid Motion Model
C26
The autopilot on my 2013 C-26 quit working and I'm not really sure where to start with troubleshooting the source of the problem. Here's what I know so far:
  • Normal steering works fine
  • The autopilot software works - I can set a course, etc.
  • When I engage the autopilot, the nav appears normal and everything is setup
  • With AP engaged, the autopilot doesn't turn the rudder anymore, the wheel doesn't turn, nothing.

Any advice on where to start and where to look for potential causes?

Thanks much
Colin
 
Hi there!

Can you give us a little more info on which parts you have installed? I assume that you have an all-Garmin system. I'd start first with checking the controller that receives data from the system and controls the autopilot pump. Make sure it's operational and then check the pump itself to make sure it works. Since you didn't mention it, I assume that you didn't get any warning messages on your plotter. Let us know and we'll see what we can do to help.

Cheers!

Ralf
 
Back
Top