bob daily":1przk7rx said:Harley, The chain is attached to the center of the cap and attached to the fill tube towards the bottom with screws. To replace the bottom attachment you will have to remove the full fill cap assembly to get to the screw. If any chain is left at the bottom it's easier to fish out and reattach as noted above. The chain can be purchased at any hardware store and I'm sure stainless steel ones are available I would check on line suppliers. That said, with a R21 I would not expect you to spend a lot of time at the full dock! So not as big of a problem as some of the less economical models. Bob
Hi Bob,Harley, The chain is attached to the center of the cap and attached to the fill tube towards the bottom with screws. To replace the bottom attachment you will have to remove the full fill cap assembly to get to the screw. If any chain is left at the bottom it's easier to fish out and reattach as noted above. The chain can be purchased at any hardware store and I'm sure stainless steel ones are available I would check on line suppliers. That said, with a R21 I would not expect you to spend a lot of time at the full dock! So not as big of a problem as some of the less economical models. Bob
Good Morning, Cajun..Hi Bob,
I just bought a Ranger 27(2014) and the holding tank cap chain is gone. I have a new chain but how can I install the chain when the screw thread is located way down the tube? I took the screws out but this thing won't budge. Does it screw out? Seem like it would need to be pried out.
I was going to call Fluid Motion and see how to remove it
Tugnuts.com is the community hub for Ranger Tug, Cutwater, and Solara owners. Since its inception in 2008, the Tugnuts forum has grown into an active and thriving community of more than 9,000 members. It serves as both a meeting place for the best boating community online, and an invaluable archive of information.