Fridge removal ?

tkaustin

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 11, 2014
Messages
69
Fluid Motion Model
R-25 SC
Hull Identification Number
2501B010
Vessel Name
coming soon to a stern
2011 R25-SC. What is keeping the Nova Kool fridge in place? I've removed the 4 screws on the edges but it still won't budge. What else is holding it in?

(Pretty sure this has been covered before, but search isn't finding any thread.)
 
I have had the fridge out on our r31 and s310.
Remove the 4 screws and wrestle it out. There is no other mountings at least on my boats. You do have to pull the top out first then try and keep it level while pulling and lifting the front.
 
2011 R25-SC. What is keeping the Nova Kool fridge in place? I've removed the 4 screws on the edges but it still won't budge. What else is holding it in?

Step 1) Remove the refrigerator door. You will not be able to pull it all the way out of the cabinet if you don’t. You may have done this. I’m including it for people who may see this thread who don’t know to do this.

Step 2) Remove the four screws holding it in place

Step 3) Place the flat palm of your hand under the inside top of the refrigerator and lift up as you pull out. If the refrigerator doesn’t come out, I’m at the bottom of my bag of tricks. Some sort of modification has been made.

Your 2011 R25SC almost certainly has the same refrigerator installation as my 2012 R27. If you tow your boat very much, consider making this mod:

 
NovaKool has very good tech support, so far no AI reps. telling you everything but what you want to know. If you are still struggling, give them a call.
 
I'm considering removing this refrigerator to gain more storage space for cruising. I'm assuming there is a rather large space there once the fridge is removed. Can anyone tell me about the space behind it? We removed the wine cooler inside and the space is HUGE. Planning on having a locking door made to enclose the space. The fridge is getting rusty around the edges so I'll restore it and keep it for the next owner.
 
HP, the space is "huge" - will require building a floor support in the event you build a cabinet. Just remember to make everything you install - removable because there are things back there that require monitoring/fixing from time to time. Our charcoal waste filter is back among other things.
 
Back
Top